07

It was getting closer to nine, and she was nervous. She told Rue that she was going to tell him today. "Finally," said Rue, holding the ultrasound. "If he responds negatively, let me know, and I'll gladly hex him." She handed the ultrasound back to Irena. "I don't think he will," said Irena, holding her small baby bump. They were in their room, and none of their housemates were in there yet. Fifteen minutes before 9, Irena made her way to the Astronomy Tower. "Everything will be alright," Rue reassured her.

  She was walking down the corridor. It was quiet; only a few students were out. She went up the spiral staircases. She was getting tired of going up.

Once she got there, she looked around and noticed that Fred was not there yet. She tried to calm her nerves.

Three minutes went by, and she heard the door open. It was Fred; he was here he actually showed up. A part of her didn't think he would come.

"Rena," Fred said, getting closer to her. "Hi," you could hardly hear her. Before he could say anything else. "There's something I need to tell you," she said, not really looking at him. "I'm listening," Fred was now next to her.

"Y-you remember Valentines Day, right." He nodded, and she looked at him and noticed he had a smile on his face. He was almost smirking. "You brought me here to do it again, bold move of you Rena, to want to do it out here," Fred said, placing his hand on her hip. She moved a little, making Freds hand drop from her hip. "That's not the reason why I wanted to talk to you."

"Well, since you remember that night, you might also remember we didn't use the contraception charm." They were both looking at each other. Fred didn't say anything; he was processing what she just told him.

If they didnt use the contraception charm, then that means. There's a possibility that she. He looked at her up and down, his eyes stayed at her stomach.

She got the ultrasound she got from Madam Pomfrey earlier that day and handed it to Fred. On the ultrasound on the right side, it had hi dad! written on it. Fred had the ultrasound on his hand, and he eyed it suspiciously. He moved it around. It was a little square paper with just black and white. "It's a prank, right." He looked at her. "You should leave the pranking to me," he said chuckling.  "Why would I prank you with something so serious as this?"

He looked back at the ultrasound, and he couldnt believe he was going to be a father. He got the ultrasound closer to him and moved it around, inspecting it. Irena saw this and got closer to him. Their shoulders were touching. Fred had the ultrasound backwards.

She got the small piece of paper and moved it so it would be correct. She pointed at the left side. "Thats the head" She moved her finger a bit to the right. "Thats the babys body," she told him just how Madam Pomfrey had told her earlier that day. She looked at him, and his focus was on the ultrasound.

His index finger was pointing at the babys small little hand that was barely forming. A small smile started to appear on Freds face. "Im going to be a father," Fred said quietly. Irena was only able to hear him because she was next to him.

He was shocked he wasnt ready to be a father. He couldnt believe it; he looked at Irena. She was very quiet. "When did you find out," Fred asked. "Not too long ago." He looked at her stomach again. You could see the smallest bump. "Can I," Fred said, pointing at Irenas stomach. "Sure" Fred gently placed his big hand on Irenas stomach. He looked at her. He almost had tears in his eyes.

He got worried and panicked. "Are you hungry? Does something hurt? Do you need to sit down?" He asked quickly. She laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. "Im alright, Fred. But its getting late, and we should head back."

They were making their way down the spiral staircases. "Can I keep this," Fred said, lifting the ultrasound. She nodded "yes, I have to see Madam Pomfrey in two weeks. I think Ill get a new one w-would you like to come." She said, looking at him. "Yes, I will love that," he said with a smile.