33

One day in the middle of September, Irena wasn't feeling well, so she did not go to the shop that day. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay," asked Fred. Irena was in bed, covered with a blanket. "Yes, Frederick, don't worry, Ill be fine." He wasn't too sure to leave her alone. "Ill come back in a few hours to check on you."

Fred left the flat and went to the shop. George was already at the shop; they had a few customers already. The door for the shop opened, and a tall man entered. He had a black suit. "Welcome to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. What are you looking for," said Verity to the man. The man was looking around. "I'm actually looking for someone. Fred Weasley." Verity sees nothing strange with this. "I'll get him for you. Give me a minute." She left looking for Fred.

"Mr. Weasley, a man is here to see you." Fred turned around. He looked around the shop, and no one seemed familiar. There were mostly kids with their parents, but there was someone by the front door.

"Is that him," Fred asked. She nodded and left to help out a customer. Fred walked up to him. "Hello, you wanted to talk to me." He looked at Fred up and down. "Yes, it's about my daughter." "Your daughter," he said slowly, not understanding where this was going. "You want to buy something for your daughter." He shook his head.

"I'm here to talk about my daughter and my future grandchild."

And then it hit him.

The man in front of him is Irena's father Mr. Becksky. He straightened up and extended his hand. "Hello, Mr. Becksky. I didn't know it was you." Hesitate Erasmus shook his hand.

The last thing Irena mentioned about her parents was that they kicked her out months ago. They haven't tried to reach her. Not a single letter was sent to her. And she didn't mention his name. Her parents didn't know he was the father. How did Mr. Becksky knew it was him.

"If you don't mind me asking, sir. How did you know-" "I have my ways. I just want to know how is she," he said with a bit of hurt in his voice. "Irena is great, she's just a bit tired. The baby is also healthy." Erasmus had a small smile on his face that quickly got away as fast as it came. "Good, I'm actually here to give you this." He handed Fred a small bag with money inside. Looking inside the bag, Fred's eyes widened. "I can't accept this." "It's not for you, it's for my daughter and grandchild. I want them to have a good life and to have everything they need."

"Sir, with all due respect, they will have everything they need. I have this business with my brother, and it is going well." "Just take the money. You don't know when you will need it. In case of an emergency, you will have it." Fred looked at the bag and back at Erasmus. He took the bag. Erasmus smiled. "You made a good choice Fred. And don't tell Irena you saw me. Her mother doesn't even know I'm here."

Fred put the bag inside his pocket and nodded.

"You better take good care of Irena and my grandchild, or the next time I see you won't be a nice visit." With that, Erasmus left. Fred stood there, not moving.
Well, that didn't go so bad.

"Who was that," asked George standing next to Fred.

"Irena's father."