81

2018

Over the years, the Weasleys would spend Christmas Day in different houses. Last year was with Bill, and the year before was with Ginny; this year was Fred's turn. Irena was cleaning the house frantically waiting for the whole family to arrive.

Fred screamed from downstairs, telling the kids to clean their room. He couldn't believe he was turning out like his mother. Who would have thought that Fred Weasley would turn out to be a somewhat responsible father.

Being a father was never a big goal in Fred's life, but once Alek came into his life, all of that changed, now with three kids, he is happier than ever and loves his life. He couldn't imagine a life without them or his wife. Having a family of his own changed him. He was more responsible, which surprised Molly, and he became more selfless, putting his kids first. He wanted to give them a good life, and so far, he thought he was doing a good job.

George and Rue were the first ones to arrive. They were parents of two kids, one boy, and one girl. A few years after the war, George popped the question, and Irena wasn't surprised when Rue showed her; her hand with a beautiful ring. The wedding was small, and Irena met a few of Rue's family members three years after their wedding; they welcomed their son River two years after their daughter Roxanne was born. Roxanne and Leah were really close growing up since they were both born in the same year. The two cousins grew up inseparable, and a few people that didn't know them would think they were sisters.

Bill and Fleur, with their three kids, had arrived. Irena hugged Fleur over the years; they became even closer; she saw Fleur as truly her sister. The couple had their first daughter the same year as Irena had Damian, her second child. The two cousins were close to her, and Alek, being the oldest, was protective of her. Three years later, Fleur gave birth to her second daughter Dominique; the girl fit right in with the group of cousins. Not too long after, Louis came along, the youngest of Bill and Fleur's children. Louis, being the youngest, ran upstairs to look for his cousin Leah. Dominique and Victoire, being the oldest, took a seat on the sofa.

After the war, Percy took the time to spend more time with his parents. He stayed in the burrow for a few months that year. Molly was overjoyed to have one of her oldest sons with her. Percy later introduced Aubrey to the family, sharing the news that he was getting married. Four years after the war, Percy had his first child, a little girl named after his mother, Molly. Molly couldn't contain her tears when Percy told her what the name was of his daughter. Shortly after Molly II was born, Lucy was born. The girls went into Leah's room and started talking about a certain Gryffindor boy Leah had a crush on.

Charlie was the last one to arrive; he didn't have kids and didn't seem to be in any rush to have them. He was the cool uncle, the kids loved hearing stories about his job, and they couldn't wait to visit him in Romania and see all the dragons they had heard about. Charlie walked into the house with several presents; the kids sat up excitedly once they saw him. Without having to discuss it, Charlie was the favorite uncle of many of the Weasley's kids. Charlie placed the presents under the Christmas trees besides the rest of the gifts. The younger kids couldn't wait to open what they got.

The boy who lived had a more peaceful life after the war ended. Ginny and Harry got together once again and eventually got married. Harry for the longest time, had already been part of the family. In 2005, Ginny gave birth to James II as he grew up; it was easy to notice he was just like his grandfather on Harry's side. A year after Albus was born, he was a bit more reserved compared to his older brother, and he was closer to his cousin Rose, who was around his age. Lastly, the couple had their daughter Lily, named after Harry's mother. Lily was bright and fierce, just like her mother Ginny. The kids arrived running around the house playing around the other younger cousins quickly following behind; James II.

When Ron told his brothers that he was dating Hermione, they were overjoyed and couldn't believe that they had finally gotten together. Even at the wedding, Fred and George couldn't contain themselves, and they planned a prank. A few years later, Hermione gave birth to a girl named Rose; she was smart, just like her mother. Then they had Hugo, their son, who was sweet and caring. Rose took a seat on the sofa and started reading a book her mother gifted her for her birthday that year. Hugo looked for Lily and found her by the kitchen.

It brought so much joy to Molly, having her whole family gather around in one place. She knitted a sweater of a different color for each family. Bill and his family had green sweaters. Charlie, Molly, and Arthur had a yellow sweater, while Fred had maroon, George orange, Ron brown, Ginny gold, and Percy blue. Knitting sweaters for her family was one of Molly's favorite things about Christmas.

Molly had spent earlier that day making the food. Everyone was sitting at a long table, able to fit everyone. The adults were talking among themselves. The kids were talking about Hogwarts, the younger about their first few months so far. And the two youngest, Hugo, and Lily only listened, needing just one more year to attend Hogwarts. Once they were done eating dinner that Molly had made, the kids went to the living room. The parents slowly followed them.

All the cousins were sitting down on the floor near the Christmas tree as they opened their presents. There were a bunch of different types of Christmas wrapping paper all around the floor. The kids looked at each other as they showed their siblings or cousins that were next to them what they received.

As Irena looked around her living room, she couldn't help but smile as she saw her family. She was extremely happy with her husband and three kids. She would have never believed that night in February of 1996 would have changed her life forever. Without even knowing it, going to that Gryffindor party would bring so much happiness into her life.

Fred walked up to her and kissed the top of her head "what are you thinking," Fred asked, looking at her. He noticed she was thinking about something. He had been with her for years; he knew her thinking face by now. "I was remembering Valentine's Day at Hogwarts," she said with a smirk looking back at her husband.

Fred had a smirk as well "oh," he said as he kissed her lips, "my mind is a bit foggy, you know, I might need a reminder," he said, kissing her again as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Irena broke the kiss but didn't let go of him "our family is here," she told him Fred didn't see anything wrong with that. "Even better, they can take care of the kids while we have some fun upstairs," he smiled at her.

Irena looked around; no one seemed to notice them; they were in their own separate conversations. Fred got her hand, and they slowly tiptoed to the stairs, looking around, making sure no one saw them as they went up the stairs as they both had big smiles. "Where are you going," Lily asked while they were halfway up. Irena looked at Fred, "I forgot something upstairs," Fred told his younger niece. "I can help," she said, taking one step "no!" Fred and Irena said loudly, making a few of the family members turn around to face them.

George looked at them with a knowing smile "come on, Lily, I need your thoughts on a new product I'm working on," George said. Lily skipped up to him. A few of the kids followed behind her, curious to see the new product.

Fred and Irena whispered a thank you and went upstairs giggling to themselves. They locked their door, and Fred started kissing her neck. "I love you, Rena," Fred said, looking at her, lifting her chin. "And I love you, Frederick" she kissed him again.

T H E E N D