ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 4_ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ

🦋

Jungkook hadn't felt so peaceful in a while. His entire being was dancing from within as the sun was shining brighter than ever.

He had to admit that even a day spent here was way better than his entire weekend back in Seoul. It was all so peaceful and gave his carefree self a boost to explore every corner of the city.

He had spent all his day in a bunch of infamous local markets of the area. He loved everything about this place and even the smallest of things made him happy.

Like the poor candy seller passing him a smile when Jungkook asked him to keep the change, the old aunt on this sausage stall recognising him from years back and the overall contented and high-spirited atmosphere. It was all so amazing.

He had stopped by a small store that seemed to be selling small accessories. A bunch of hooped bracelets and pretty shiny earrings caught his eye. He walked further and took one of the bracelets in his palm.

It was a purple coloured bracelet with a small chained star hanging down the glittery pastel surface. It was so beautiful. Jungkook had always loved collecting accessories and he could see this one being one of his favourites.

Before he could even approach the shop owner and ask for the price, a ring resonating from his pocket interrupted. He pocketed his hands and swiftly took out his phone and scrunched his eyebrows, discovering an unknown number.

"Hello?" He placed the cellphone next to his ear, not knowing who or what to expect.

"Oh hey, remember me?"

Jungkook swore he almost dropped his phone at that as he momentarily lost his balance. The deep and husky voice that had become familiar to him lately belonged only to one individual. Some people passed him a look of concern while he just smiled apologetically towards them and leaving the bracelet back at its place, left the place with fastened steps.

His heart was not in its rhythm as he struggled to move farthest away from the crowd. He didn't know what all he had expected from Taehyung but this was definitely not one of those things.

He was now away from the crowd and found himself in an isolated alley. It was dark but not too frightening since a bunch of people kept passing by now and then because of the popular market in the area. The actual horror was of the person on the line. Jungkook leaned against a wall as his hand shakily lifted up the phone to his ear as he spoke,

"How the fuck did you manage to get my number?" He was still anxious about the whole situation and was subconsciously gripping onto his jeans.

"Finally, you said something. I was gonna hang up, honestly." A nonchalant wave was evident in his voice but Jungkook. He had no chill.

"How did you get my number?" He asked again, voicing out the only concern in his head.

"I have my ways, darling."

"Couldn't've put it in a creepier way." Jungkook mumbled in absolute rage as he absentmindedly rolled his eyes.

A dry chuckle resonated in his right ear as his grip on the phone tightened. The little laugh sounded way too pure, too innocent, too adorable to be belonging to Kim Taehyung.

"Alright now listen. I still have your jacket. When do you want it back?" He asked, giving a halt to his laughter.

"Is that why you called me?" Jungkook felt so stupid for not taking the jacket a day before when they had met. It wasn't entirely his fault though cause someone decided it was a good idea to disappear without even bothering to tell.