ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 21_ꜱᴇʀᴇɴᴅɪᴩɪᴛy

🦋

Jungkook was failing to understand why his life would find ways to play with him. He was getting a lot busier lately with his office work. Obviously since he had been slacking off for the past month because of his sudden onset of a relationship, the department head had called him up to reach earlier than usual today because the CEO wanted to talk to him.

Right. Jung Hoseok, one of his friends in college and his now CEO wasn't a big deal but he was scared since he had never been called for something apart from praise. To think that he would have to hear so much about himself was obviously annoying but he didn't really have a choice.

He reached on time and quickly made way to his office to not cause any further problem. With a deep breath of anxiousness, he knocked on the door.

"Come in." His voice resounded from inside. Jungkook followed and stood before him, already feeling guilty.

"Hey, how is everything?" Hoseok motioned him to sit, right after asking him a question with a wide and affectionate smile.

"It's good." He spoke, not meeting the elder's gaze once.

"Why are you not looking at me?" He chuckled, finding his behaviour unusual. Even though he understood why the younger was acting that way, he still found it funny.

"I'm sorry." Before Hoseok could start, Jungkook spoke for himself. He hated this so much but it really was his fault.

"Kook, see. I know you recently got together with someone and that is amazing. But professional and personal life mustn't collide. You understand that, right?"

"Yes, I do." He spoke subtly, regretting suddenly.

"Good. I'll expect you to be regular now and not give anyone a chance to complain. Better?" He brought back the energy to his voice, cheering up the younger.

"Perfect."

"All right, now that all that's out of the way, there's good news! Our company has been doing quite well for the past few months so I'm throwing a party. I won't accept any excuse for not coming, Jungkook. I know you always avoid parties. But please be there for this one, hmm?" Hoseok almost pleaded him. Even though he was a superior because of his position and age, he still treated the younger like a good friend.

Jungkook looked conflicted for a minute but agreed nevertheless, not having the courage to say no to him.

"Great! We'll meet tomorrow night!"

🦋

Back at home, he struggled to fall asleep. Yoongi was over and the two were watching a movie with great interest, lying on the couch.

Jungkook was wondering what Taehyung was doing lately. He was so busy that he would barely pick up the younger's calls. He knew that the elder was in fact, working on a new mission of some sort but he obviously didn't know anything apart from this. He felt empty and it all felt unusual when days passed without having an actual conversation with him.

Just then, bringing his thoughts to a halt, his phone rang. Jungkook was more than surprised to find Taehyung's name on the caller ID.

"Oh my god! He called!" He yelled as a reflex and shook the living hell out of Yoongi, who calmed down the next moment and rolled his eyes.