ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 7_ᴄᴜʀɪᴏꜱɪᴛɪᴇꜱ

🦋

"I'm telling you this Jimin kid of yours is creepy as fuck." Yoongi didn't bother lowering his voice as he talked to Jungkook. The duo of the other two sat comfortably in their glory, on another couch opposite to theirs, seeming completely unbothered by Yoongi's tone.

Jungkook had noticed since earlier that they always talked in whispers, as if it was something confidential. It only made him wonder if his childhood friend was also a part of the criminal activities that Taehyung carried. Could Jimin hyung be an accomplice? No way.

"He's all good. The other one is a problem." Jungkook muttered back, a death stare planted at Taehyung.

"No, you don't get it. Who asks someone if they're single on the very first meet?" Yoongi muttered, not looking too impressed. Jungkook's eyes widened and an amused chuckle left his lips.

"I'm not even surprised. I've caught him checking you out at least twice since morning." Yoongi's nose scrunched up in disgust at that.

He was never good at this. He would always fail to understand why people would be so obvious about their interest in a certain someone. Yoongi was the kind to keep it secretive and being exposed about it was his biggest embarrassment since high school. How the hell did people have the confidence to openly stare at someone with a gaze that is definitely not friendly.

He thought as he looked back at the boy staring at him.

"Anyways. Let's leave him out of this. Just think about the Taehyung guy. Why do you think Jimin is friends with him?" Yoongi asked in an uncertain tone.

Jungkook just sighed in return, not having an answer and a thousand more curiosities building up inside him with an almost suffocating force.

He didn't know why the relation between the two seemed to hold so much significance to him but it wouldn't kill to have your questions answered, right?

"Hyung." Jungkook voiced out and all three in the room turned towards him, making him suddenly feel much more smaller and uncomfortable.

Damn, don't look at me for too long.

"Jimin hyung. How did you two become friends?"

They looked at each other for a brief moment, registering the question and soon, burst into a fit of laughter.

Jungkook had always loved to see people around him laughing, for whatever reason. It worked for him just like a serotonin would. This time, however, he found himself admiring Taehyung's features when he laughed.

He watched how his boxy smile radiated some sense of euphoria within him, how his eyes would blur his vision from closing up, how pretty he would look laughing like that.

He wouldn't exactly say he was infatuated by the elder but he couldn't deny the fact that he was ethereal. He was almost too good to be true.

"Are you gonna tell?" Yoongi asked, snapping Jungkook from his thoughts.

"Jungkook, do you think I'm a criminal?" Oh fuck.

"Hyung, no." He didn't want Jimin to misunderstand him but he wasn't wrong, was he? Jungkook was, with all honestly, speculating the words that left the elder's mouth.

"It's fine. I can't exactly tell you what our relation is but we became friends because of work." Oh. Work.

Jungkook just nodded his head and looked down. He didn't want whatever he was thinking to be true. With a tug at his heart, he walked himself to the room given to him without a word, leaving the other three baffled.