22.||

Dec 1

Dave

He ran his hand over her thigh with the substance making her jump. "That's cold, David." Amira looked at him and back at her thigh letting him continue.

"Lay back." He instructed. "I'm not done yet."

Knocks sounded on the door making them both jump. "Come in!" Dave yelled while pulling the glasses off his nose.

He looked up and saw Milan standing there with a bag of food. "I brought you something since I was late," she smiled in hopes of getting on his good side, "it's your favorite...Wendy's!"

"Milan, you know I don't like being distracted while I'm tattooing." He turned around and sat the ink on his rolling table. "I still gotta shade the bottom part of that heart Amira, but take a break for me while I eat my food and possibly fire my employee." Dave mugged Milan while digging in the bag pulling out it's contents.

Milan was silent and watched as Amira walked out the room and shut the door behind her. She took that as her opportunity to explain to Dave why she was so late.

"Look, I know I've been late a lot in the past two weeks but I have a really good explanation." She fiddled with her fingers.

"That being?" He bit into his sandwich and wiped around his mouth with the napkin afterwards. He was eating like he hadn't eaten in days.

She was hesitant on speaking, a nervous pool flooded her mind and she needed a seat. Biting the left side of her bottom lip, she took a seat on the tattooing table that was previously occupied by Amira.

Inhaling deeply, she began to speak, "I-I'm pregnant..."

Dave grabbed his drink while choking on the last bite of food, he beat his chest with his balled fist and got himself together.

Now, he wasn't ignorant or oblivious to the fact that Milan and Saeed had a fling but he was hoping it wasn't what he thought it was, for Saeed's sake.

"You pregnant? Like- like you-"

"A month and a half." She cut him off as he stumbled over his words.

"But is it..." he motioned his hands as if he wanted her to catch on to what he was trying to say without actually saying it.

"You ready for me Dave? I have to pick my son up from school in an hour." Amira lightly tapped the door and leaned in to hear Dave's response.

"Yeah, come on back in Amira, my apologies. Just take a seat back on the table, I'll have you outta here in thirty minutes."

She nodded and returned to her spot, bracing herself for the last bit of pain.

"Later?" Milan asked Dave with hopeful eyes and was relieved when he nodded his head and got back to work. She went right to her seat at the front desk while she still had her job, she spent the next few hours catching up on scheduling appointments and sending out reminders.

"Oh hey Cyd, where you been all day? It's like you been hiding ever since you got here last week." Milan laughed, joking around with her but she could instantly tell Cydney wasn't in the mood.

Cydney had been in her own world for the past week, she hated the fact that she was working alongside Saeed but it was good money and she was bringing in so many new female faces already.

She snapped into reality and realized it's not Milan's fault Saeed was playing them both. In fact, what loyalty did Milan owe her?