9.||

Yuri

"Yuri can you bring me that yellow makeup bag in the room we were in please?" Diana yelled up the stairs as she checked off her list of 'not to forgets'.

"Here ya go," Yuri handed her the bag, "where's daddy?"

"Chile, if only I knew."

Yuri shook her head and walked down the hall where she knew her dad would be.

"I found you."

"Did you think I was hiding?" He chuckled wrapping his arms around her shoulders, hugging her tightly. "I'm gonna miss you, I'm gonna worry about you."

Her soft eyes saddened hearing her father's voice crack. She knew telling him about Devin would have him concerned, but it was different to see him holding back tears.

"I promise I'll be okay."

"And how can you make a promise like that Ri?"

"Because, I know God got me, and he'll protect me like he always has." She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Damn, we raised you well." He smirked as his fingers pinched at her cheeks.

He might've been content for now, but if it was anyone Yuri knew better than herself, it was her dad. She knew Jerome wasn't done with the situation, but for Diana's sake, he was letting it go for now.

"I'll text you when we board, and I'll call you as soon as we land." Diana held her arms open to embrace her daughter in a final hug.

The waterworks had begun for both ladies, and they didn't care because they were in each other's arms.

"Alright sweet pea, we have to get goin' don't wanna miss that flight." Jerome hugged Yuri as well and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Don't settle for nothing less than what you want, I don't want you even thinking about another man until you know he's the one. I don't want to be introduced to a nigga unless you know he the one, and ima be on my p's and q's this time around so it won't be easy." He looked down at Yuri with a raised brow, letting her know he was serious.

"I know daddy, I'm focusing on me."

"Good," he nudged her arm and grinned, "we love you, okay?"

"Yeah, I love you guys more. Have a safe trip back and please call me when you make it!"

"We will, bye baby!" Diana waved as they rushed towards their destination.

After leaving the airport, Yuri grabbed her something to eat from the food truck down the street from her school. Since it was early Saturday morning, she really didn't have much to do, she had caught up on final grades and everything else was squared away.

Fishing her phone out of her purse, she squinted at the screen, but her eyes widened almost immediately.

Ma❤️
Don't think I didn't notice you leaving so late every night, hot date??
-10:38 a.m.

"Excuse me?" Yuri turned around, wondering if the voice she heard was speaking to her.

"Yes?"

"What did you get? I always have a hard time picking." The older lady smiled at Yuri.

"Oh, uhh, I got a chicken philly, it's really good but kind of heavy. I would suggest the beef patty or the loaded baked potato." She pointed at the menu as she talked.

"Alright thank you..."

"Yuri, nice meeting you." She held her hand out to shake.

"You as well sweetie, have a good one and thanks again."