23.||

Dave

He held the gun close to his waist as he stepped out of the car, quickly making his way to his mom's door where the man stood. "The fuck is you?" He aimed the gun at the back of the random figure's head as they threw their hands up in surrender.

"If I have to ask again ima blow ya shit off yo' shoulders. I suggest you turn the fuck around and look at me." Dave's knuckles turned white at how tight his grip was around the .9 in his hands.

The person turned around and Dave's heart dropped to his feet, feeling a burning sensation in his chest he wanted so badly to shoot, but his palms became sweaty and something in him just wouldn't let him pull that trigger.

"W-what the hell you doing at my mama house, and how the hell you know where she stay? How are you out right now?" Questions flew from Dave's mouth as quickly as they popped up in his head.

He couldn't bring himself to understand how and why his uncle Jet was standing on his mother's porch.

"Listen Dave-" Jet started but was immediately cut off.

"How you know where she stay?!" His grip on the gun never loosening.

"I don't know what she's been telling you all these years Dave, I don't. But I can assure you that your mother and I speak, occasionally. I've tried reaching you for years after she would never bring you to see me, I'm home now and I just want to talk."

"Talk?" Dave spat in disbelief. "Ain't shit to talk about, you killed my father!" His anger began to take over as the last part of the sentence left an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He was staring in the eyes of his father's killer.

"Please let me explain David! Your mom-" a punch straight to his face sent him slumped into the front door. Dazed for a second, Jet shook his head and came back to self before standing up again to try explaining.

"I should kill you." Dave now had the gun back in the waist of his pants, he wanted to know what his uncle had to say for himself but then again he didn't give a fuck, nothing he said would bring his dad back. "Bitch ass nigga," he started beating the life out of him, all he saw was red but he knew to stop before actually killing him.

"Whatever way you got here, you better make that same way back to where you came from. I spared you since we on my mama porch but if I catch you again anywhere else I'll have you handled, you understand me? I ain't no kid no more Jet."

Breathing heavily Jet stumbled as he pulled himself off the ground. His nose was bleeding and it felt like he had a broken rib, but he knew to take that threat seriously and head back to his homies house.

"I-I just wanted to explain, just," he breathed in, in obvious pain, "just please talk to your mama for me. You'll understand everything in soon time neph, I love you and always will."

After watching his uncle limp down the street into darkness he used the key he had to his mom's house and opened the door. There was no way she didn't hear all the commotion right outside her door. Upon entering her home he noticed an open letter  on the ground, instead of reading it, he placed it on the key table next to the door and searched through the house calling for his mom and Reina.

<<>>

"I told you to stay away from him!" She yelled as she frantically paced the living room of Amelia's home.

Dave had finally gotten ahold of his mom by using the location services on Reina's phone. When he tracked it to Amelia's house he knew something had to be up because she wasn't supposed to be near Reina period.