16.||

yυrι ѕĸye loveтт
ocтoвer 24 «» нarleм, new yorĸ

"Alright nigga bye, hang up." Yuri semi-yelled as she straightened her hair.

"Nah I ain't hanging up the phone no more bruh, you was mad about the way I do it so ima just leave that to you."

"David."

"Yuri," he looked down at his lap mugging the screen, "gone head hang up man damn I'm driving."

40 minutes later, Yuri was finishing the last piece of her hair while admiring herself in the mirror. It was Monday morning, officially the start of her second week at her new job.

After getting dressed in her work attire, she went downstairs to begin her breakfast. It was going on 8 o'clock, which meant she had 40 minutes before she had to leave the house in order to make it to work by 9.

Yuri ate her breakfast in a comfortable silence, alone in her beautiful home. Once she finished, she cleaned up her dishes so she wouldn't have to worry about them later. Finishing up just in time to leave at the right time she headed out, hopped in her car and started it up.

"I need to get over!" She yelled at the car beside her. She regretted not hopping on public transportation because the roads were busy, per usual.

Despite the heavy morning traffic, Yuri made it to work on time and was now just waiting in her office for her first appointment of the day.

Since she was just starting out, she only had one patient, her name was Aaliyah and she was a fairly sweet girl. Yuri found herself seeing some of her own attributes in the young girl, which made the sessions even more personal.

15 minutes later Aaliyah walked in by herself since this was the first week she'd be coming without her mom.

"Good morning little Miss Aaliyah how are you feeling today? Did you eat breakfast?"

"Hey Mama Love!" She shortened Yuri's last name, something Aaliyah did to get comfortable with Yuri. "We actually didn't have time this morning." She pulled out her coloring pencils and sketch book setting everything on the table in front of them.

Yuri found it hard to get Aaliyah to talk at first, so she asked her to bring in something she liked to do, and they'd do it together while they talked.

Yuri bit the inside of her lip, kind of angry that the child's mother didn't feed her, it was nearing 10 am.

"How about we go get some breakfast?"

Aaliyah's eyes lit up, but soon after, the light was replaced with realization and fear. "My mama wouldn't want me going with you."

Yuri thought about it, and she was right, she couldn't just take someone's kid to eat, no matter the situation that's not her place because it's not her child.

"Okay," she looked around to see if she had anything the small girl could eat but came up short, "I'll just order some breakfast and have it delivered, anything in particular you like?" Yuri pulled her phone out going to the app.

"I really like waffles, I haven't had them in forever." Aaliyah's eyes lit up again and it made Yuri happy.

While they waited for the food, Yuri jumped right into the session so that when the food got there they'd be able to eat more instead of talk.

"I really enjoyed you today, thank your for opening up a little more to me. I know how scary it could be but just know I'm here to help, not hurt and you can tell me anything...even if you're scared to tell mom, okay." Yuri lowered her voice on the last part making Aaliyah look everywhere but at her.