Chapter 7

Moving and bouncing in your seat to the fun and upbeat music, you laughed at Thorns dancing as he moved about the kitchen. Picking up the fish with your hands your mouth watered at the delicious smell just as someone walked in. Turning to the person with the fish in your mouth you smiled and waved at Wire. Nodding at you before looking back at the cook “Captain Kid wants you to take inventory of what we have so when we reach the next island we know what we need to pick up.” Wire said glancing at you from the corner of his eye as you lifted up your fish for him. “Want some? It's really good!” You asked waving it a bit of a wave trying to entice the tall man to take a bite as Thorn started to complain. “We have two weeks before we reach the next island! Why do it now if I'm just going to have and redo it the night before we dock!?” He yelled throwing his hand up in the air, shaking his head at your offer Wire spoke up again. “Those are the captains orders and he also wants you to keep an eye on the girl for now.” He said pointing at you as you took another bite of your fish. Slamming his hands down “That's bullshit! I'm not a babysitter! Get Heat or Pain to do it!” Thorn yelled making you tilt your head at his cursing. Folding his arms “Captain already has them working below deck with the cannons.” Wire argued calmly making the pleather wearing man growl, “Then send her back with Arvid!” Thorn begged making Wire sigh “Arvid has been in a bad mood ever since the girl accidently hit him in the nose when she woke up. Both Captain and Killer don't want her near him right now, so your just going to have to deal with keeping an eye on her for now.” Wire said picking you up and handing you to the cook as you were licking your hands clean after finishing off the fish. Hearing him groan “Fine I'll watch her, but this isn't going to become a regular thing got it.” Thorn growled moving you to his side so he could point up at triton wielding man before turning away grumbling and cursing under his breath. Looking at Wire you smiled and waved as he gave a curt nod before leaving the dining hall, turning back to the cursing man you noticed he had a small shiny earring at the top of his ear. “Ooo shiny, I want one!” You said lightly touching it making the cook move his head away and stop his cursing “Oh shit I forgot your still a tiny kid, don't repeat any of the words I just said. Got it?” Thorn said pulling your hand away from his ear as he walked into the large pantry. Nodding at his order you slid from his side when he put you down “What do you gotta do in here? It's cramped.” You asked looking around as the older guy scratched the back of his head “I have to take inventory, it's lame but someone has to do it.” Thorn said grabbing a piece of paper from a holster and a pen, curiously titling your head “What's inventory?” You asked making him drop his head and sigh “Damnit kid, your not going to make this easy on me are you?” Thorn asked making you tilt your head. Humming then shaking your head “No, I'll be a good girl. I'll sit up here and be quiet.” You said before covering your lips with a finger climbing up on a berriel. Looking over at you with a raised eyebrow Thorn turned back shaking his head and began counting cans. Sitting quietly you looked at your tail and spotted a few sticker plants in it. Grimacing you started to pick at the plants trying to get them free of your tail, being careful not to prick yourself for a good ten minutes. You stuck out your tongue as you got the last of the stickers out of your tail with a happy smile. Flicking it a few times to try and get the fur to lay back down you huffed at your tail when the fur didn't go back down, licking your hand to help flatten it you didn't mind the scratchiness of your tongue. When Thorn suddenly grabbed your it pulling it out a bit more to look at it. “The hell? It's just like a cats. Ow don't actually lick me! Your tongue hurts.” He muttered then yelled as you pulled away freeing your tongue before licking his fingers making him fling his hand away quickly. “Well don't grab my tongue that's mean. And it doesn't hurt, watch.” You said sticking your tongue out at him before re-licking your hand to run it over your tail smithing it of its imperfections. Snorting “Well excuse me for not having a cat's tongue. I'm almost done here, after this I'll take you up on deck so you can stretch a bit.” Thorn said returning to his work as you bounced excitedly wanting to play outside. Kicking your feet you watched Thorn go around the pantry, when he finally folded the paper and put it in his pocket you grind as the cook put the pen back. “Im finally done, but um. Why don't we find you better clothes first. So your not just wearing a shirt.” Thorn said looking at the bottom up shirt as you stood on top of the berriel reaching out for him to pick you up. Rolling his eyes before picking you up “I might have shorts that could fit you if I find a belt.” Thorn said walking out of the kitchen and down the hall. After going down a few flights of stairs Thorn put you down “Just down this hall and we'll be at the crews lodge.” He said walking up to the door before stopping just before opening it. Looking up at him “Why'd you stop? Is there something scary in there?” You asked making the cook look down at you before glancing at the door. “Eh, sorta cover your eyes for a second.” Thorn said making sure to turn you around to the wall before opening the door to poke his head in. “Hey, I got the kid with me! Hide anything and everything so she doesn't see any shit that might get our asses kicked by captain and Killer!” He yelled closing the door for a minute as you heard confused and rushed shuffling before the door opened again. “Can I open my eyes now?” You asked looking up at the cook who quickly stepped in front of your view of inside the room. Turning his head to make sure that a certain poster was covered by another crew member holding up a blanket, Thorn nodded slowly “Y-yeah you should be fine now. But let's hurry and leave.” He said uncomfortably as you entered the room looking at all the new faces and titling your head at there weird positions. Grabbing your arm and leading you to his trunk you smiled and waved at the funny looking men who seemed really hot because of all their sweating, when you head a clicking of a trunk being  opened making you turn back to your babysitter making everyone behind you relax a little. “K (Name) just grab a pair of shorts while I go ask around for a belt.” Thorn said pulling you over as he stood, nodding you began to shift through the clothing as the cook went to find a belt. As you were digging you found a pair of shorts, grinning you pulled them out but a booklet caught your attention making you drop and forget about the clothing to pull it out. Furrowing your eyebrows together a the oddly dressed lady on the front cover you turned back to the cook holding up the magazine. “Thorn, why is this lady only wearing plants?” You asked making the majority of the room turn to you horrified as others rushed over to either snatch the book from your hands, pick up off the ground and cover your eyes, or down right fling themselves at the people who was holding the offending booklet. “Thorn get this girl out a here!” The guy holding you yelled as the said cook sprinted over picking both you and the shorts up before bolting out of the room and backup to the kitchen.