Chapter 8

Giggling as Thorn leaned against the counter panting tiredly you wiggled out of his grasp. "That was fast! Why didn't you run like that the first time? We could of been playing by now." You said turning to look at the cook's tiered face. Taking in a large breath and holding it for a few seconds before speaking. "You think I always run like that?! Hell no I'm tired as fuck from sprinting all the way up here. Now just get the shorts on and head outside I'll catch up when I get my breath back." Thorn said waving his hand at you. Nodding you grabbed the shorts from him and slipped them on and tide the strings attached to them. "Kay I'll see you outside then Thorn!" You yelled leaving the kitchen and running down the hall. Slamming the door open and surprising a few of the crewmen on deck you grinned running out to roll onto the deck and stretch in the warm sunlight, as you were laying down waiting for your playmate your ear flicked at The hushed tones of the crewmen around you. "The hell she doing out here? I thought they had her chained to one of the medical beds. No that's not right I thought Thorn was going to watch her?" Rolling to lay on your stomach to look at the whispering men. "I can hear you, you know!" You yelled surprising them, giggling you hopped back onto your feet and ran over to them. "Hey Thorn's taking a long time to get out here, do you wanna play hide and seek with me?" You asked looking up at the group of men in front of you. Blinking at the hesitant and uncertain faces, you let your ears fall back making a sad kicked puppy face as you grabbed onto one of the pant legs. "Please it'll only be for a little bit." You whimpered making the group look at each other or scratch the back of their necks before they finally reluctantly agreed to play with you. Smiling wide you ran over to the mast covering your face "Kay! I'll count first you all hide! One.. Two.. Three.. Four.. Five.. Six.. Seven.. Eight.. Nine.. Ten..... Um, Twelve.. Er, Sixteen.. Uh, Eleven.. Eem, Eighteen.. Um, um, Thirteen.. Uh, Seventeen.. Oh, Twenty! Twenty! Ready or not here I come!" You yelled turning back around to see almost no one around. Humming in thought you walked around the deck trying to find the crew you were playing with, stopping for a second you cupped your car like ears trying to hear some sort of movement. Hearing a quiet scraping noise from behind a few barrels you grinned and ran over crawling on top of one "Found you!" You squealed pointing at the three crewmen out of the ten that you started with. Tail flicking happily you turned to jump off the barrel and continue your search. Running around the mast hoping to find someone you pouted a bit making a full circle around it until singing wet hit the top of you head. Looking up you laughed seeing another crewmen supporting himself with a rope a few feet up the mast. (like Mulan did whole getting the arrow from the top of the post) "Found you!" You screamed pointing at the said man as he slid back down "Man I should have been the last one she found!" He huffed walking over to his other found cremates making you giggle and run up the stairs to the helm looking for the rest. Nearly fifteen minutes later you were hopping victoriously around after finding the ten crewmen you were playing with. "Yay I finally won hide and seek! The other villager kids back home always win by going home to hide so I couldn't ever find them. But I found you all!" You yelled hugging one of their legs happily before looking up excitedly "It's my turn to hide now! You gotta count to ten like the other kids do when I hide okay!" You squealed releasing the leg you were giving to run away and find a place to hide. Peeking out from behind the mast to look at the bewildered faces you tilted your head at them. "What's wrong you guys want to hide again? It's okay if you want me to count again, I'll count if it'll mean you guys keep playing with me." You murmured looking at the group hopefully as they turned to look at each other, before one of them squatted down to your height "How often do you get to play with the kids in your village?" He asked making you look down at the deck. "Well not a lot, Momma didn't like when I went out. And when I did the other kids were kinda mean and would pull on my ears and tail. Or I'd always be it to find the others or try to tag them." You said remembering the times you'd try and play with the other kids sadly. Jutting out your bottom lip you wiped your eyes before the tears could form and turned to the mast keeping them covered. "I'll count so we can keep playing." You mumbled before you were picked up and moved away from the mast "No, no I'll count you and the others go hide." He said putting you down and patting your back before nodding at his fellow crew before going over to the mast and started counting. Slowly grinning you giggled and turned to the others as they put a finger to there mouth to shush you before going to find a new hiding place. Nodding happily you looked around trying to figure out a place to hide before an idea popped into your head. Quietly and sneakily going over to the side of the ship you carefully crawled over the banister to the other side. Digging your nails into the wood you giggled quietly moving down to hide below the deck as the seeker finished counting. Grinning as you heard his heavy footsteps you held your breath and clawed your way, away from the deck near the back of the ship. As you clung to the side of the ship your ears flicked at a small rustling sound coming from a window a few feet away from you. Looking from the deck to the window and back you let your curiosity win, making your way over you peeked into the room to find a heavily messy workshop. Blinking you leaned over more to look at the desk seeing familiar fiery red hair. Gasping you grinned "Hey, what are you doing?" You asked making Kid jumping in surprise, turning to voice behind him Kid scrunched his eyebrows in confusion for a second before standing to walk over to the window. "How in God's name did you get your ass out there. And where the fuck is Thorn? He's supposed to be watching you." Kid growled crossing his arms as you detached your nails from the wood to try and crawl into the room. "I'm playing hide and seek with the nice men on deck! But Thorn said he was tired and would come play with me after he got his breath back." You said happily sitting on the window seal making the redheads eyes widen "What?"