25.1

🛑🛑🤚🏽 STOP & VOTE NOW ! 🤚🏽🛑🛑
(Don't be a ghost reader)

The annual 4th of July cookout was a working success. The locals were out on their porches scoping out the block, the children played in some of the few moon bounces that were placed in the middle of the street and the music from the DJ booth boomed through the block.

KD and Redz worked the three grills that were in the lot beside Redz moms house. The two family supplies an endless amount of food, drinks and family fun for their neighborhood cookout.

"Ayo Mir run to the store and get like four big bags of ice," Redz instructed.

"Where all that ice going ?" Safir questioned looking around at the not so  big coolers.

At the moment Aloras and Mama K pulled into the unofficially driveway next to the lot. It previously was a house but the city knocked it down a few years ago now the locals park in it sometimes.

"Grabbed them bins out of the car." KD pointed over to their cars. On que the trunks of their cars came open. Alora car held about 10 20 gallon bin stuffed with groceries in the first one and Mama K had more food and trash bins.

"Yall just gonna stand there or get this stuff outta my car." Alora said once she exited her car walking towards the trunk area.

"Girl shut up," Safir mugged her. "Where my baby?"

"Her and T should be on they way back from the liquor store," she turned to see a few of the neighborhood boys riding by. "Kaleb, you and ya friends tryna make a quick buck ?"

He dropped his bike to the ground and jogged over to her, his three friends followed. "What you need Lo? We got you." he said slapping his hands together  as he shrugged his shoulders trying to look cool.

"These young nigga to cool for me," KD chuckled.

"Take these bags in the crib to Mama Liz, someone can put trash bags in these trashed put them along the block, ight?"

"I got you ma," Kaleb and his friends got to work.

Alora chuckled as she walked over to Redz and KD. "Hey my favorite guys," she gave both a hug.

"Sup Mu," Redz greeted her. "Where my little man ?"

"He been with Uncle T since last night with Leek. I had all this running around to do," she told him. "Any food ready ? I'm starving !"

She lifted a few lids to the pans of food until she found something of her liking; a lamb chop. She sanitized her hands, grabbed plate and a lamb chop.

"I know y'all ain't letting her eat but we gotta wait." Amir frowned.

"Nigga hush. Don't act like Mama Liz ain't cook y'all nigga a whole four course breakfast." Redz replied.

"Damn I missed Mama Liz breakfast?" She pouted. "Uh huh she gotta run that back." she said making her way into the house .

KD laughed because Mama Liz cooking was the truth. As an older woman in the community she wasn't with the times of today. All her meals were made from scratch and seasoned to perfection. She occasionally sold dinners out of her home because the local folks loved her cooking that much.

"I think we all set. Rome move ya car to block the bottom off and Safir move ya dad car to the top," Mama K told him as she toss him her set of keys. "Iont want no dumbass speeding down the block like that bitch did earlier." she rolled her eyes.

The day went on and the block begin to fill with different hoods from all over the city came out to show love. The two families weren't just known as a crime family but also for how much they gave back and provided for their community.