Chapter 2 - The adoration

Marcus's POV

As the maids saw my father's expression, they walked out, leaving us alone.

"Dad, it isn't my fault. They are candid shots." I defended myself.

"If you kept your friend in your pants in engagements at least, I would be happy." He said mockingly.

"Dad, we were in the tent..."

"Tent or not. Are you dumb? All eyes were on us yesterday. So you should be careful. But you..." He shook his head in disapproval. "And that girl, she doesn't fit into our family. Especially, after her indecent photos have been leaked." My father added, frustrated.

"Dad, there is nothing serious between us." I confirmed.

"I hope. And don't forget about Princess Stella. You are going to marry her in the future. She is a perfect match for you. So be careful and don't mess up." He warned me.

Stella was the niece of the King of Spain. My parents wanted me to get married to her in the future. We didn't officially talk about it, but both of the families knew that it was a matter of time.

I met Stella a few years ago when I was visiting Spain with my father. I should admit she was beautiful. She had brown eyes and brown long hair. But sometimes she acted like some spoiled brat. However, I didn't object to this marriage. I wasn't interested in getting married at all, but I needed a bride and heir to continue my family's legacy, and she was a suitable bride for me. So I accepted. On the other hand, I wouldn't plan to change my lifestyle, and she had to accept it and be a trophy wife without intervening in my life.

After finishing lecturing me, my father stormed out. I breathed deeply and went to my room.

I was in my room when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said as I buttoned my suit.

The door opened and my private secretary, Albert walked in.

"Good afternoon, Your Highness." He bowed to me.

"Good afternoon, Albert." I greeted him and grabbed my black sunglasses.

"His Majesty calls you, Your Highness." He informed. I nodded and went downstairs.

"Are you ready?" My father asked as I approached him.

"Always." I replied in confidence.

" I replied in confidence

"Okay, let's go."

The driver parked the car and walked out of the car. The prime minister greeted us.

"Marcus!"

"Prince Marcus!"

The girls were screaming my name while waving at me. They were holding different banners: marry me, Prince Charming and so on. There weren't just girls who came to see us; there were men, children and elder people as well.

"It is really unbelievable. How do you manage to earn their love even after your scandals?" My father whispered, giving me a smile.

I smiled while waving at them and replied. "It is my charm. I am irresistible." I gave my father a mischievous smirk.

"Marcus, marry me." A girl screamed. I waved at her, giving her a bright smile. She blushed, giving me a wide smile and screamed in happiness.

"Marcus." An elder woman called me.

I smiled and approached her. I held her hand between my hands and gave her a warm smile as I greeted her.

"May God bless you." She said softly.

"Thank you." I smiled and went back towards my father.

My father gave me a proud smile. "They really adore you, Marcus. Don't lose their trust." My father warned me.

"I will not, Dad. I love my country and my people." I confessed. He nodded, giving me a smile and tapped my back as we walked towards the entrance.

****

I was with Roland in Monaco. We came here to watch Formula 1. My friend, the Formula 1 driver, Diego Rodriguez invited Roland and me to watch the race.

Tonight we were attending the party on Diego's yacht. We were celebrating his victory; he won the race.

Once I took a shower, I put on a navy blue shirt and black ripped jeans. Then I left my suite.

When I arrived in the hall, Roland was waiting for me with Tony.

Tony parked the car near the marina. We got out of the car.

When Tony wanted to follow me, I stated. "You don't need to stay with me. There isn't any danger here. It is a private party."

"But..."

"Give me the car key and enjoy yourself tonight." I said. He looked at me, hesitated. "Come on, don't worry." I reassured him and tapped his shoulder. He nodded and extended the key towards me. I grabbed it and walked towards the yacht with Roland.

I was sipping my champagne while enjoying the party. It was fun. Diego was the best at throwing parties.

My eyes laid on a beautiful girl who walked towards the microphone stand to sing karaoke. She had blond hair and dazzling green eyes matching her green long dress. She looked like an angel. I couldn't take my eyes off her like I was enchanted.

She gave a shy smile and started singing. Her soft angelic voice made everyone stop talking and listen to her.

"Don't even think about it, bro." Diego warned me, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I gave him a puzzled look.

"I know what this expression on your face means, but forget this thought. Don't try to mess up with her." He warned me with a serious expression. "If her brother finds that you want to play around with his sister, he will cut your crown jewels." He teased me, making Roland burst out laughing.

"Who is she and her brother?" I asked with a blank expression.

"She is Alissa Carter and her brother is Chad Carter." Diego replied and took a sip from his bourbon.

"Oh...the former playboy who retired from the game after getting married?" Roland asked and gave Diego a questioning look.

"Yes, the one and only. You know him?" Diego asked.

"Yes, I met him once at a gala in New York." He replied.

"Hmm...interesting." I mumbled and took a sip from my drink while staring at the beautiful Goddess who finished singing and walked towards her friend. Everyone applauded her.

I looked at her, sipping my drink while imagining her in my arms, in my bed. She screamed my name out with her angelic voice in pleasure. How beautiful my name would be coming from her mouth!

Fuck!

"Marcus!" Diego warned me, giving me a disapproved look. "Chad is my friend too. So stay away from her." He added with a serious expression.

"Calm down, dude. We will just have fun." I winked at him with a reckless expression on my face.

He frowned and shook his head. "Marcus..."

I ignored him as I placed my glass on the table and walked towards her.