Chapter 8 - New York

Marcus's POV

The jet landed in New York. I glanced through the window. Two months of freedom. I grinned at this thought.

After settling in my suite, I went to a nightclub. As much as my bodyguard, Tony tried to convince me that it was a bad idea, and my father wouldn't approve of it, I didn't listen to him.

The following morning, I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyes as I got up and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I put on a grey jumper and distressed jeans. Then I left my suite. I decided to have breakfast at the cafe near the hotel.

When I left the cafe, I saw Alissa faraway. She was talking on the phone. She looked so beautiful in her white mini dress.

An angel. Fierce and beautiful.

I grinned while staring at her and put my hand into my pocket.

Then the idea came into my mind. I finally found what I was going to do in the next two months.

"Tony." I called him, still staring at Alissa.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"From now, you will call me just Marcus." I ordered. "No one will know about my title, especially her." I added firmly and gestured to Alissa.

"...Your Highness...I don't think His Majesty will approve of it." He commented, giving me an apologetic look as he looked at Alissa.

I raised my eyebrow and looked into his eyes.

"I am sorry, Your High.....Marcus."

I sighed. "Don't worry, Tony. My father never approves my decisions. And he will not know about it." I winked at him. "Understand me. I want once in a while that someone acts towards me like I am an ordinary person, not a prince. I want to have a normal life. Even though I know it is temporary." I explained.

"Your..."

"Tony. This isn't up for discussion." I said firmly.

"If journalists hear about it, it will be a big scandal." He commented.

"They will not know anything. Don't worry." I gave him a reassuring smile.

He sighed. "OK. But what will happen if she starts having feelings for you?" He asked, gesturing to Alissa.

I bit my lower lip, thinking while I was looking at Alissa. I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed and replied. "You know that I have my responsibilities. So the answer is clear." He nodded.

I approached Alissa

I approached Alissa. She hung up and put her phone into her bag.

"Hey, where is your baby bump, or did you give birth?" I asked playfully. "Am I Daddy now?" I teased.

As she saw me, her eyes widened in surprise.

"Marcus!" She snapped and rolled her eyes, annoyed. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here on holiday." I replied, giving her a bright smile. "So where is our baby?" I gave her a teasing smirk.

"It was a misunderstanding. When will you forget it?" She asked, blushing.

I grinned. She looked more beautiful when she blushed.

"OK, if you guide me around the city, I will forget about it." I suggested.

"What?" She asked, surprised.

"I need a good guide to explore the city. It is my first time here." I lied.

I had been here before. More than twice. The last time I came here was last year after I visited my sister who studied at the university in America.

"I don't have time." She said.

"Please. How can you be such a ruthless person? Leaving this helpless tourist on his own?" I pretended to be upset. "You are not hospitable." I scowled.

She frowned. "I am sure you will find someone to guide you here." She commented.

"But I want you." I confessed, looking into her eyes. "Please." I gave her a warm smile.

Alissa's POV

After the meeting, I went to the cafe to grab a cup of coffee before going to the company.

When I was about to walk towards the cafe, my phone rang. I pulled my phone out of my bag and looked at it. It was Chad.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Morning, angel. Did you sign the contract?" He asked.

"Yes, everything is alright. He agreed with our offer." I informed.

"Great. Are you coming to the company?" He asked.

"Yes. I will be there in thirty minutes." I replied.

"OK. Pop in my office when you arrive." He said softly.

"Alright. Bye." I smiled.

"Bye, angel."

I hung up and put my phone into my bag. I was surprised when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, where is your baby bump, or did you give birth?" Marcus asked playfully, pointing to my stomach. "Am I Daddy now?" He teased.

"Marcus!" I snapped and rolled my eyes, annoyed. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here on holiday." He replied, giving me a charming smile. "So where is our baby?" He gave me a teasing smirk.

I felt embarrassed as I remembered about my claim. Fortunately, he didn't think that I was some gold digger or manipulative bitch who wanted to trap him.

"It was a misunderstanding. When will you forget it? " I asked as my cheeks flushed.

He grinned, looking at me with his mesmerizing blue orbs.

"Ok, if you guide me around the city, I will forget about it." He suggested.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"I need a good guide to explore the city. It is my first time here." He said.

"I don't have time." I lied.

Spending time with him was a bad idea. So so so bad.

"Please. How can you be such a ruthless person? Leaving this helpless tourist on his own?" He pretended to be upset. "You are not hospitable." He scowled childishly.

I frowned. "I am sure you will find someone to guide you here." I commented.

Plenty of guides with slender legs.

"But I want you." He said firmly, looking into my eyes. "Please." He added, giving me his signature smile.

Ugh! Mr. Greek God and his irresistible smile. I hate his effect on me. How can I refuse when he gives me this smile of his?

I sighed and nodded. "Ok."

"Perfect!" He exclaimed, beaming at me.