Chapter 9 - Prince Charming

Alissa's POV

Marcus and I had been hanging out for a month. I felt so happy and special beside him. I enjoyed spending time with him. We got along well. He wasn't a spoiled brat like I had thought about him before. He was a compassionate, humble, fun, easy-going, well-spoken, wise, generous and caring person.

I was waiting for Marcus at the cafe. We were going to have breakfast together.

I waved at Marcus as he walked in. As he saw me, he gave me his signature smile while approaching me.

"Hey bambi." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Hi." I beamed at him.

"Isn't Tony with you?" I asked.

Tony was his friend. He was following him like a puppy wherever he went. It was really strange. I couldn't understand. He came with him every time we hung out. But he never sat with us. When I asked why Tony never joined us for breakfast, lunch or dinner while he was with us, Marcus told me that he wasn't a social person, and he had some problems and didn't know New York very well; so he didn't want to leave Tony alone. It was so thoughtful of Marcus.

"He caught the flu. So he stayed at the hotel." He replied. "And actually, it is good. Because I want to spend some time with you alone." He added, looking into my eyes. I nodded, biting my lower lip, blushing and gave him a warm smile.

Marcus and I were talking when I noticed a girl a little away from our table staring at Marcus. More correctly, devouring him with her eyes. I frowned, annoyed and turned my gaze from her to Marcus. I leaned closer to Marcus and pretended there was dirt on his shirt, giving him a wide smile. Then I looked at the girl from the corner of my eyes.

"Hey do you listen to me, bambi?" Marcus asked, giving me a questioning look.

"Oh...yeah." I mumbled and laughed, placing my hand on his forearm, still checking the girl. Her expression changed and she got upset.

"Where..." Marcus mumbled as he turned around and looked in the same direction where I was looking.

Oh no!

"Marcus..." I said abruptly, trying to stop him before he understood what was going on, but I was late.

He turned his gaze from her to me as a mischievous smirk appeared on his face.

Damn it!

I averted my gaze, biting my lower lip, embarrassed. I felt my cheeks turn crimson red.

Bravo, Alissa! Bravo!

Now he was thinking that I was jealous. But he was wrong, I didn't just like how she looked at him.

"Umm...Let's go." I suggested as I stood up quickly.

"Ok, bambi." He gave me a sly smirk and stood up.

I was waiting for Marcus. He went to buy ice cream for us.

He gave me a dazzling smile as he extended the ice cream cone to me.

"Thanks." I smiled as I took the cone.

"You are welcome, bambi." He said huskily and tasted his ice cream.

I tasted my pistachio ice cream, closing my eyes. It was so delicious.

When I opened my eyes, Marcus was staring at me, his gaze was intense. I bit my lower lip nervously. He moved his hand closer to my lips without taking his eyes off me. I looked at him, perplexed.

"Ice cream." He said huskily as he wiped the corner of my lips.

There were a few inches between us. My heart fluttered. I felt butterflies in my stomach.