Chapter 19 - The Princess

Alissa's POV

"You and your Prince Charming ways never fail." I commented, giving him a wide grin as my breaths went back to normal.

Marcus placed a soft kiss on my neck and lifted his head up, letting my eyes met his beautiful blue eyes. He was still on top of me. He smirked devilishly.

"Never, bambi. Never." He said arrogantly and squeezed my breast, making me moan. Without waiting for a second, he brushed his lips against mine.

When I opened my eyes the following morning, I was in Marcus's arms. He was still sleeping. I smiled happily and stroked his cheek gently as I lifted my head. Then I buried my head into his neck and breathed in his musky scent, enjoying being in his arms.

When I came back from the bathroom, I saw Marcus sitting on the bed, only in his pants.

"Morning." I beamed at him.

"Morning, bambi." He gave me a dazzling smile as he approached me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He placed a soft kiss on my neck, breathing in my scent.

I pulled back as I heard a knock on the door.

Marcus frowned, annoyed and stated. "Come in."

The door opened and the maid walked in. As she saw Marcus, her cheeks blushed.

"Your Highness." She said shyly as she bowed to him.

I smiled at her reaction. My Prince Charming and his effect on women.

"Ms.Carter, Mrs.Karlsson called and informed that she will be here in an hour." She informed.

"Ok. Thanks." I nodded, giving her a polite smile.

Once she left, Marcus wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"How about dinner with me?" He asked as he tucked the lock of my hair behind my ear.

"With pleasure." I beamed at him. He grinned and kissed my lips.

Marcus's POV

This evening, we hosted a state dinner at the palace. The King of Spain and his brother, Stella's father and Stella were invited as well. Today, I was planning to tell her that we wouldn't get engaged. I delayed the announcement of my engagement with Alissa. I thought it would be more appropriate if Stella heard about it from me not from journalists.

Alissa didn't attend the state dinner, so it gave me an opportunity to talk to Stella without drawing attention. I didn't tell Alissa about it because there was nothing between Stella and me. It was just our parents' idea. We hadn't even gone on a date. So it wasn't necessary to tell Alissa.

Before the dinner started, I told Stella that I wanted to talk to her.

I placed my hand on my pocket as we walked into the drawing room.

"Umm...Stella..."

"I know what you want to talk about." She said softly, approaching me and gave a bright smile. "I can not wait to get engaged to you." She added as she cupped my cheek.

I instantly pulled back. She gave me a puzzled look.

I cleared my throat and said. "Stella, yes, I want to talk about our engagement....but not the way as you think." I ran my hand through my hair as I paused. "I don't want to get engaged to you. I love someone else and I proposed to her. And she accepted." I informed.

Her eyes widened in shock. "What?" She mumbled.

"I am sorry, Stella. But...You know it was just some agreement between our families. There was nothing between us." I commented.

She clenched her fist as she asked between gritted teeth. "Who is she? Do I know her?"

"No, you don't. She is from New York." I replied.

She gave me a mocking laugh. "I waited for you, dreaming of our wedding day all this time. I turned a blind eye to all of your shits, but you..." She barked and tapped her finger against my chest. "Now you are telling me that you found some slut for yourself to marry?!" She snapped in frustration.

"Stella! Watch your language!" I warned her, clenching my fist.

"If I don't want to? What will you do?" She shot daggers at me. "How could you choose some commoner over me, The Princess of Spain? She is just a gold digger." She snarled.

"Don't call her like that. You don't know her." I demanded.

"You will regret it. I swear I will make you regret it." She threatened me.

"I will not. I just regret that I even thought of marrying you." I confessed.

Her face got red with rage. She gritted her teeth angrily and gave me a murderous look.

"I will make you pay for humiliating me. You will come and beg me that I forgive you." She snapped and stormed out, slamming the door behind her.

Alissa's POV

I stretched out and opened my eyes. Yesterday, Marcus told me we were going to announce our engagement in two days. I felt so nervous. After this announcement, my life would change completely. I wouldn't go anywhere without securities nor even walk on the street like I had been doing before. But despite all of these difficulties, I was so excited to get married to the man of my life.

After taking a shower, I put on a white blouse and black denim jeans. Then I went downstairs. Marcus went to attend a royal engagement early this morning.

When I walked into the dining room, Ester instantly hid the newspaper and gave me a nervous look.

"Good morning, sweetie." She greeted me.

"Good morning." I gave her a warm smile and sat down on the seat.

After having breakfast, I went for a walk in the garden. The weather was beautiful. A breeze blew calmly, filling my nostrils with the divine scent of flowers. But there was something strange in the people around here. When they saw me, they started whispering to each other while looking at me.

After walking for awhile, I went to the kitchen. I felt thirsty.

When I approached the door, I heard Marcus's and my names. The maids were talking about us.

"I am sorry for Alissa

"I am sorry for Alissa. How could Marcus do it to her?" One of the maids said.

I stopped walking. What is she talking about?