Chapter 16 - The in laws

Alissa's POV

I was staring at Marcus while he was talking to the security guard in Swedish with an authoritarian tone, his hand in his pocket while holding his jacket in his other hand. He looked different from the funny, mischievous Marcus who I knew. My Prince Charming.

There were a lot of security guards around us. If I didn't know that he was a prince before coming here, I could get sure now.

After finishing their conversation, Marcus approached me and gave me a boyish smile

After finishing their conversation, Marcus approached me and gave me a boyish smile. I smiled at him back. He grabbed my hand and headed us towards the car.

We were going to the palace. The convoy was escorted by the police motorcycles. While the car was passing by the people on the street, they were waving at Marcus, calling him cheerfully. From their behaviors, I could guess how much they loved Marcus. My irresistible boyfriend could charm everyone.

I entwined my hands tightly. I felt nervous about his parents' reaction when Marcus introduced me to them. Will they like me? Or they think I don't fit into their family? After all they are royalty.

"Are you nervous?" Marcus asked, interrupting my thoughts as he held my hand.

"A little." I admitted.

"Don't be. They will like you." He reassured me, giving me a charming smile.

"I hope." I mumbled and breathed deeply. "Everyone gets nervous when they meet their boyfriends or girlfriends' parents, but in my situation, it is worse. Because they are not just my boyfriend's parents as well as royalty. If they will not like me, not just they can try to keep their son away from me, but they can depart me from the country without giving me permission to come back forever." I said ironically. "How will I live without seeing this country?" I added, emphasizing the words this country. "I am madly, deeply in love..."

"With this country." He added, cutting me off as he gave me a sly grin as he understood what I actually meant.

"Yeah." I gave him a mischievous smile.

"Don't worry you will live in this country forever. I promise you." He said, giving me a serious look and placed a soft kiss on my knuckles. I smiled at him and leaned my head against his shoulder.

The driver parked the car in front of the palace. It was so luxurious and big. There was a rose garden, summer house, and even a royal tennis court.

Marcus got out of the car and approached my side. The driver opened the door for me. Marcus extended his hand towards me, giving me a smile. I breathed deeply and gave him a nervous look as I held his hand. He led us towards the entrance while holding my hand. My heart was pounding like crazy.

The inside was more luxurious than the outside of the palace. It was impressive, elegant and elaborately designed. There were different portraits everywhere you looked, along with pale marble caryatids and elaborately-designed inlaid floors and crystal chandeliers as well as the magnificent gilded piano.

My heartbeats increased as I saw Marcus's parents. His father had brown hair and green eyes. I could guess from whom Marcus got his handsomeness. But his father looked so intimidating like my father. Meanwhile, his mother looked like a kind woman. She had blond hair and blue eyes like Marcus's and the same mesmerizing smile as his. She was such a beautiful and elegant woman.

As they saw us, they were surprised. His father clenched his fist as he saw our entwined hands.

"Good evening." Marcus greeted them, giving them a warm smile.

"Good evening." I mumbled and bowed to them.

His mother cleared her throat and said softly as she gave us a warm smile. "Good evening."

His father didn't say anything, looking at Marcus, totally ignoring me. His attitude towards me made me more nervous. I held Marcus's hand tightly. As he understood my nervousness, he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Mom, Dad, let me introduce you to Alissa Carter, my girlfriend." Marcus introduced me confidently. "Alissa, this is my mother, Ester. And my father, Ludvig." He said.

"Nice to meet you, Your Majesty, Your Majesty." I said, giving them a shy smile.

"Nice to meet you too, sweetie. You are so beautiful." His mother stated, giving me a warm smile. "And call me Ester, please." She added.

"Thank you, Your...Ester." I gave her a smile.

"Come with me now!" His father demanded, looking at Marcus and stormed out.

Marcus sighed and turned his gaze to me."Wait for me here. I will be back soon. Ok?" He said. I nodded without being able to hide my sadness. He smiled and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I forced a smile.

"Mom, can you keep Alissa company, please?" He asked his mother.

"Sure. Don't worry. We will have some chat while waiting for you." She replied softly and gave me a warm smile. I smiled at her back.

I really liked her. She was so warm and kind towards me, despite Marcus's father who seemed that he was totally against my relationship with his son.

Marcus's POV

My father sat down on his seat and entwined his hands on the desk. He was frustrated. I breathed deeply and closed the door behind me.

"What the hell with you, Marcus?! I sent you to New York to keep you away from scandals not because of that you brought to the palace some American." He snapped. "Before at least you had kept your conquests away from the palace, now you started bringing them here?!" He added and ran his hand through his hair, frustrated.

"Dad, Alissa isn't my conquest. She is my girlfriend. I love her....And I want to marry her." I confirmed confidently.

"What?!" My father barked as he slammed his fist on the desk and stood up. "What the hell are you talking about?! You will marry Stella. Everyone waits for this marriage. You cannot break your promise. You are not an ordinary person; you are the Prince of Sweden and the future king of this country. You have responsibility in front of your people." He declared.

"Dad, I think about my people. It will not change anything if I marry Stella or not." I stated.

"How can the people trust a prince who doesn't even keep his promises?" He asked.

"They will understand, Dad." I replied confidently. "How can an unhappy king make his people happy when he isn't happy himself?!" I asked, looking into his eyes.

Blue BloodOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara