Chapter 14 - The King's son

Alissa's POV

I looked at the paparazzi, dumbfounded.

Prince? What the hell are they talking about?

Suddenly, Tony rushed towards us and pushed them, keeping the paparazzi away from us. Marcus dragged me inside the hotel with him quickly, holding my hand tightly.

I pulled my hand away sharply as soon as we walked into his suite.

"Why did they call you Prince?" I asked, puzzled.

He rubbed his neck without saying anything, looking into my eyes.

"Because...." He paused and cleared his throat. "Because I am a prince." He confessed.

My eyes widened in shock as I stared at him, dumbfounded, my mouth agape.

Prince? A real prince? Palace. Monarchy. King. This kind of prince. Is it a joke?

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, perplexed.

He shook his hand and took a step towards me. I stepped back without taking my eyes off him, still in astonishment. He sighed sadly.

"I was going to tell you, but..." He breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair. "I was just waiting for the right time."

I gritted my teeth as I gave him a dirty look.

How can he dare to lie to me? Of course... Because of that, Tony followed him everywhere he went. And his sister's strange friend. He must be her bodyguard. Damn it! How couldn't I understand it?

"You fucking liar! Asshole!" I snapped, frustrated and hit his chest angrily.

"Calm down, bambi. Please, I didn't want to lie to you. When we met, I just wanted to play around nothing more. So I didn't say who I was. I didn't know you very well. So I was afraid that you could inform the paparazzi or tell someone else. On the other hand, I wanted someone who acted towards me like I was a normal person, not a prince." He explained.

"I don't give a damn who you are nor what your title is!" I barked.

"I understood it when you swore at me." He said sarcastically. I gave him a dirty look and placed my hands on my hips.

He sighed and approached me. He held my hand in his hands, looking into my eyes. When I wanted to pull my hand away, he didn't release my hand.

"Please, Alissa. Forgive me. I love you so much. I have never fallen in love with anyone before you. You are the love of my life." He confessed and looked at me affectionately.

"Why should I believe a brazen liar?" I mocked.

He sighed sadly. "Yes, I admit I should tell you about my family, but I wanted to spend more time with you before telling you. I was afraid of that...you would run away from me when you heard about it." He admitted. "I love you so much. I didn't want to lose you. You are my breath. I love you so much, bambi." He added and stroked my cheek tenderly.