Nightmare

(1033 words)

Hosuh POV

We hurried on our way to the snack/candy isle, which is where we assumed they oughta be.

Me and Stephen had just got some new comfy gloves to keep our hands warm, as well as some for dan and jay.

Stephen didn't pick out the basic cottons gloves like I had, he picked out a pair that were almost like gardening gloves, but could still keep your hands warm.

From what I saw, the gloves were made for gripping rough/sharp surfaces without damaging your hands. Pretty smart I'd say, since I heard from Daniel that this place would be overgrown with vines or thorny bushes.

As we turned the corner, guess who we saw, dan and Jay picking out tons of different candies and snacks.

"Do we really need all that?? We'll only be there for a couple of hours." I asked

"Oh right" dan said, starting to grin

"we're staying over night by the way."

"What?! Stephen will not allow this!" Stephen said raising his voice slightly, talking in third person as he usually does.

I turned my head to look at jay, who was smiling, still picking out snacks.

"Did you know about this??" I asked "oh, yea, surprise!" Jay said grinning.

"We snuck a couple of sleeping bags in the trunk while you weren't looking." Dan said nonchalantly. "Why didn't you tell us?" Stephen asked

"Cause if I said we were staying over night, you wouldn't come, you lazy-ass." Dan said smiling still

Stephen placed his hand on his own chest looking slightly offended, but didn't say anything cause he knew it was true.

I laughed at Stephens reaction, "whatever." He mumbled, defeated.

"We got enough, right? Jackets, check, gloves, check, snacks...." I looked over to jay shoveling hand fulls of gummy, cookies and others varieties of snacks into the cart. "Definitely check..." I continued, slightly concerned. "What about the pocket knife?" I asked

Dan pulled out a small pocket knife out of his pocket on his jeans. "I put in here to keep out of reach from jay." Dan said, peering at jay from the corner of his eye. "whaaaattttt, I'm not that reckless!" Jay said, exaggerating every word

We all eyed him before he laughed it off in defeat. "You're not reckless-that's Stephen." Stephen shrugged "that's fair."

"- anyway, I've got some bug spray, flashlights, and the basic everyday survival things." Dan said, pointing to the now half-full cart.

"Okay, let's get going then. Btw thanks for getting us jackets, hosuh" Jay said thanking me
"Yea, you're welcome." I said in return, loading the jackets from our own cart to there's.

(Time skip)

Stephen POV

Dan, and jay were loading the groceries into the trunk while Hosuh and I were sitting in the back seat waiting.

"Time flys by quite fast, doesn't it?" I said as I checked the time on my phone, it was almost sunset.

"Mhm" hosuh mumbled.

He was already wearing the new sweater he bought, his legs were curled up to his chest. He seemed tired.

"You tired already?" "Yea.. sorry"

"It's fine, you can sleep, I won't stop you." I said with a yawn. "I'm actually a little tired myself. This jacket is like a blanket" I said, I was also wearing my new jacket, it was like a weighted blanket almost, I could wear it forever.

Hosuh took his hair down from his normal ponytail; wrapping the hair tie around his wrist. He shuffled his body towards mine, his eyes nearly closed. He gently laid his head on my chest, already drifting into sleep.

This wasn't unusual, he's fallen asleep on me before, but it felt... different this time. I could feel my heart race and my face become red, 'this.... is a weird feeling.'

I was quiet, listening to the steady rhythm of Hosuh's breathing. I smiled without thought, I felt like my heart was going to explode.

I played with his soft hair, I was reaching my arm behind his back and holding on to his shoulder gently, almost like a gentle hug or embrace.

A few quiet moments passed before jay and dan got back in the car, "Hosuhs already asleep back there, aye?" Jay asked. "Yea, he was super tired today, not sure why." I replied still keeping my eyes fixated on Hosuh.

"Don't disturb the bean." Jay laughed, gazing at Hosuh's and I situation through the front mirror.

"Pfft." I simply replied.

(Time skip)

It was dark, very dark, but not dark enough that I couldn't see in front of me.

I looked around to see my jacket had disappeared, the sleeve part of the black shirt I had underneath was torn off.

I peered down to the rest of my body to only see tons of cuts, scrapes and bruises aligning only the outside of my wrists and exposed arm.

Sharp pains hit the back of my neck, head and back. A ton amount of pressure slammed into my back that sent me to the concrete floor on my knees, my breath was knocked out of me.

I heard snapping noises and numbness took over my whole body.

I struggled to breathe as blood and tears stung my eyes, the taste of copper filling my mouth.

I woke up sweating and breathing rather hard only to be met with Hosuh's concerned grey eyes peering at me cautiously.

"Hosuh?" I whispered, trying to move but realizing that I was trapped by Hosuhs arms being wrapped around me in a tight hug.

"You okay?" Dan asked, I now realized I was being stared at by all three of them.

"Uhm... yea, just a nightmare I guess." I answered, now uncomfortable.

"Yea, that's what is seemed like. You looked like you were having a panic attack." "Oh.. my bad." I replied

"Okay, now that that's settled..." I continued "hosuh why are you holding me?" "Heh, I tried helping.. sorry." "Well you woke me up, so technically you did help."

Hosuh smiled, holding his laugh. "Well we're here!" Dan said as we pulled up in a parking lot. "It's nearby, but we'll need to walk. It's kinda covered with some trees."

To be continued...

Okay, first of all, sorry for the cliffhanger and second- super sorry for such a long delay, I've had a lot to do this month, so happy super late Halloween