39

The next morning Irena and Fred woke up tired, again having to wake up every three hours.

Ron and Ginny were able to come to St Mungo's hospital and see their nephew Alek.

There was a knock on the door. Fred got up from the sofa where he has been sleeping since the bed Irena was sleeping in was too small for the two of them.

"Welcome, Ronniekins and Ginevra," said Fred, opening the door to his two younger siblings. "Don't call me that," said Ginny walking into the room Ron behind her.

Irena was sitting on the bed holding Alek. She was in a bit of pain, but she already took the potion that Anna gave her yesterday; she was feeling better.

Ginny and Ron got closer to Irena, seeing that she was holding the baby. "Is it a boy," asked Ron looking at his older brother Fred. "Yes, his name is Alek." "Alek," said Ron. The name sounded different, but he liked it. That was the name of his first nephew.

"You want to carry him," ask Irena, moving Alek a little to the front in Ron's direction. "No, no," said Ron moving backwards. "I do," said Ginny, pushing Ron to the side. Fred got a hold of Ron before he fell.

Irena handed Alek to Ginny; she moved Ginny's hands to a better position; that way, Alek was comfortable, and his little head was supported.

Ron got closer to Ginny. He was by her side with his hands behind his back, just looking at Alek. "You can carry him; there's nothing to be scared of," Irena told Ron. Ron was not convinced he didn't want to accidentally drop his nephew. "Maybe later." Ginny got so comfortable carrying Alek that she started to walk around the room with him in her arms.

Ron took a seat on the bed next to Irena. Ginny was walking towards Ron "your turn." "What! Ginny, no, I don't want to." "Come on; I'm going to let him go." "No!," said Fred, Irena, and Ron in unison.

He knew that Ginny wouldn't let him go, but just in case, he got Alek. "See, that wasn't that hard." Ron didn't move; it looked like he didn't even want to breathe. He was paralyzed; he was scared that if he moved, Alek would cry. Fred looked at his brother "you know you can breathe right," he told Ron with his arms crossed. Irena smiled at Ron. A few minutes went by, and Ron got comfortable holding Alek. He didn't get up from the bed, though.

They talked for a few hours until it was time for them to go back to Hogwarts. A healer came into the room. "Good news Mrs. Weasley you can go home tomorrow morning," said the healer looking at Irena's file. Irena was surprised by being called Mrs. Weasley after a few seconds, she responded. "Uhm, thank you." "I just need to see Alek one more time." Fred was carrying Alek; the healer took him.

"Finally, we can go home tomorrow," said Fred. "Are you returning to the shop?" "Not yet Im going to stay with you and Alek for a few more days." Irena smiled at that, "great because I don't think I can take care of him on my own right now. It hurts to walk." "That's normal, remember what Anna said. I can ask for more of that potion before we leave tomorrow."

Irena smiled at Fred as he leaned closer and kissed her on the lips. Irena slowly moved to the side of the bed to leave some space for Fred so he could sit next to her. Fred took a seat and leaned his back against the wall. They were quiet for a few minutes enjoying the silence that these last two days didn't get much of. "We are parents Rena," Fred said, turning to look at Irena. She chuckled lightly, "I can't believe it." "How did this happen," asked Fred, raising an eyebrow. Irena rolled her eyes. "Well, you see, Frederick. There was this Valentine's Day party..."