78

The slash of the silver blade could not be heard over the roar of the approaching crowd or the sounds of the clashing giants or the stampeding centaurs, and yet it seemed to draw every eye

The slash of the silver blade could not be heard over the roar of the approaching crowd or the sounds of the clashing giants or the stampeding centaurs, and yet it seemed to draw every eye. With a single stroke, Neville sliced off the snakes head, which spun high into the air, and Voldemorts mouth was open in a scream of fury that nobody could hear, and the snakes body hit the ground at his feet.

The house-elves of Hogwarts swarmed into the entrance hall, screaming and waving carving knives, and at their head, the locket of Regulus Black bouncing on his chest, was Kreacher, his voice audible even above this din: "Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of the house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!" They were cutting and stabbing at the ankles and legs of Death Eaters, their tiny faces alive with anger.

Irena saw Ron and Neville bringing down Fenrir Greyback as well as Aberforth Stunning Rookwood. Lucius and Narcissa running through the crowd, not even attempting to fight, screaming for their son.

"You wont be killing anyone else tonight," said Harry as he and Voldemort circled and stared into each others eyes, green into red. "You wont be able to kill any of them ever again." Voldemort did not speak, and Harry knew that he kept him temporarily controlled and at bay, held back by the vaguest probability that Harry might know a final secret.

"Is it love again?" said Voldemort, his snakes face taunting. "Dumbledores favorite solution, love, which he claimed conquered death, though love did not stop him falling from the tower and breaking like an old waxwork? Love, which did not prevent me stamping out your Mudblood mother like a cockroach, Potter—and nobody seems to love you enough to run forward this time and take my curse. So what will stop you from dying now when I strike?"

"Just one thing," said Harry, and still they circled each other, wrapped in each other, held apart by nothing but the last secret. Harry twitched the hawthorn wand, and he felt the eyes of everyone in the Hall upon it. A red-gold glow burst suddenly across the magical sky above them as an edge of the dazzling sun rose over the ledge of the nearest window.

The light hit both of their faces at the same time so that Voldemorts was abruptly a flaming blur.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

The bang was like a cannon blast, and the golden flames that exploded between them, at the dead center of the circle they had been walking, marked the point where the spells struck.

Harry saw Voldemorts green jet join his own spell, saw the Elder Wand fly high, dark against the sunrise, spinning across the enchanted ceiling

Harry saw Voldemorts green jet join his own spell, saw the Elder Wand fly high, dark against the sunrise, spinning across the enchanted ceiling. And Harry caught the wand in his free hand as Voldemort fell backward, arms splayed, the slit pupils of the red eyes moving upward. Tom Riddle hit the floor with an ordinary finality; his body was weak, Voldemort was dead, killed by his own rebounding curse, and Harry stood with two wands in his hands, looking down at his enemy.

After one second of silence, the shock of the moment suspended, and then screams and cheers around Harry could be heard. Irena, like everyone else, was happy it was finally over. The sun rose firmly over Hogwarts, and the Great Hall blazed with life and light.

Many Death Eaters were fleeing or captured, and Kingsley Shacklebolt had been named temporary Minister of Magic.

Irena and Fred, as well as other wizards and witches that were badly injured during the battle were at St. Mungos. It was full once they arrived, all the rooms were occupied. The healers were running around taking care of those who needed care right away.

Fred was finally able to see a healer, everything was good, and the healer also checked on Irena in small buses she had on her arms and back. She also saw Colin at the hospital; he hugged her and thanked her for saving his life. The only thing Irena wanted to do was to see Alek.

Much later in the day, Irena and Fred left the hospital and made their way to Muriel's house to get Alek. Both Irena and Fred were exhausted, but once Irena saw Alek, she felt like she had energy inside of her. Just seeing her son happy made her feel happy, and for just that moment she forgot about everything that had happened the last couple of hours.

Alek ran to his parents and hugged them. Irena never wanted to let go; she was happy to have him in her arms once again. There was a small voice in her head that thought that she wouldnt see her son again. But the family of three was together once again.

Once they packed their stuff, they went to the burrow where all the Weasleys were there. Alek was excited to see all his family, and he was finally able to see Ron after several months of being gone. He also met Percy and Charlie for the first time "hello, Im Percy," he said, extending his hand. Alek held his hand and said "ale" since he wasnt able to properly pronounce his name.

Charlie carried Alek and twirled him around "hey, little guy," he said as Alek laughed. Harry, Andromeda, and Teddy walked in.

Teddy was in his godfather's arms; Teddy was way too young to understand that his parents sadly passed away. Alek walked up to Harry as he took a seat on the sofa, Alek was intrigued as he saw Teddy.

"Its a baby Alek," Irena told her son. Alek poked Teddy's cheek "be gentle," Irena said, moving Aleks hand from Teddy's face.

"Alek do you want a baby brother," Fred said with a goofy smile, putting his arm around her shoulder. She lightly hit his chest "or a sister," he said, looking at her. Irena rolled her eyes with a smile "maybe later," she whispered to him.

Fred smiled and kissed her cheek.