70

It was early November meaning it was Alek's first birthday. Irena couldn't believe she gave birth to her first kid a year ago.

She was happy she was able to see all his milestones as he grew up, from taking his first steps to having his first teeth and saying mama; it brought joy to Irena's heart. In these dark times, she was happy she had Alek with her; seeing him made her smile. She wanted to enjoy him being small; she could still carry him and kiss him without feeling embarrassed of her or pushing her away.

She felt Fred move as they were both in bed. Fred hugged her bringing, her closer to him, and kissed her cheek "morning." She smiled, feeling his lips on her cheek "morning Frederick." He still had his arms around her poaching his chin on her shoulder; she could feel him breathing on her neck.

"Do you know what's today," she asked Fred. "Today is Thursday wait, no, its Friday," he said feeling proud. "Yes, its Friday, but its our son's first birthday." Freds eyes widened, and he sat up and looked at Alek, who was still sleeping, the blanket covering him and one of his socks on the side. "Thats today," he said, looking back at Irena. "Yes, Frederick, that's today. You forgot the birthday of your only child," she asked him. "Of course not, Rena, don't be silly." She looked at him, squinting her eyes at him, not believing him.

"Mama," they heard Alek say. Alek let out a small yawn sitting up and stretching. "Good morning, birthday boy," Irena told him, getting out of bed. Irena and Fred walked to their song, singing him happy birthday.

Alek looked at them strangely, moving his little head to the side, but once he saw his parents smiling at him, he smiled back, moving up and down.

"Happy birthday Alek," Fred said, carrying Alek and kissing him on his cheek; Irena moved and kissed him on his other cheek. "I love you so much," Irena said, getting Alek from Freds arms. As the three of them walked down the stairs, they were surprised by seeing a lot of balloons "happy birthday!" George said once he saw Alek. He walked up to him and handed him a small balloon. Alek took it and started playing with it. He ran around the burrow, kicking the balloons.

"Breakfast is ready," George said. They walked to the kitchen, Alek following behind them with a balloon in hand. "Theres the birthday boy," Molly said excitedly once she saw Alek enter the kitchen. "Mum, whats all this," Fred asked, seeing a lot of food on the table. "Its Aleks first birthday; I wanted to make him something special. Oh, and I will be working on the cake."

It was too much food Alek wasnt going to eat all of it; he might just eat a little of everything. Fred looked at Irena "thats nice of you, Molly, thank you," Irena told her mother-in-law with a polite smile. Irena kissed Fred's cheek, "lets eat then," she said, pulling the chair and sitting down.

"Alek, its time to eat," she told her one-year-old Alek ran to her still with his balloon in hand. On his plate, she added a little of everything. Alek pointed at a toast, and Irena added another piece to his plate. As always, the food was delicious; she ate three pancakes with some fruit. The five of them were talking at the table.

They were going to cut the cake after dinner once Arthur was back from work. Molly hoped that Bill and Fleur would make it later in the day. As she talked about her kids, Irena noticed the sadness in Mollys voice when she would mention her other two sons Percy and Ron. Its been three months since the last time they saw Ron.

When they were done with breakfast, Fred got the plates and put them in the sink. Irena was going to shower Alek to get him ready for his big day. "Look at you all clean," Irena told Alek, who had already showered and was wearing new clean clothes.

Looking at him, Irena saw him much older; he was changing rapidly, he didnt look like a baby anymore. He wanted to do more things on his own, and Irena couldnt lie that it breaks her heart a little that so young, and for some things, he doesnt need her anymore. Her smile grows when he walks up to her and asks for help. In her eyes, Alek was always going to be her little boy. It doesn't matter how old he gets or how many kids she has.

Arthur got home after work, and a little after that, Bill with Fleur arrived at the burrow. They wished Alek a happy birthday and brought gifts with them.

Once everyone was done eating, it was time for Alek to open his birthday presents. Irena placed him on the floor and brought the first present in front of him. Alek looked at it intrigued but was not sure what to do. "Look like this," Fred said, ripping a piece of wrapping paper. Alek slowly started to rip the paper, Fred had to help him, or they would be there all night.

What Alek got was a wooden train similar to the Hogwarts express that was charm to fly around; the gift was from Bill and Fleur.

Alek looked up as the train was going around his head. He raised his hands, trying to get it. Seeing that he couldnt reach it he got up, but the train moved away. In no time Alek was running around the living room trying to get the train. "That will keep him entertained for a while." After 10 minutes, Alek gave up and went back to where his family was.

"This is from Charlie," Molly said, placing a small box in front of Alek. "Lets see what Uncle Charlie got you," Fred said; he opened the box and let Alek take the present out. Irena gasped "what is that," she asked him excitedly, smiling at her son. Alek pulled a stuffed dragon out of the box; Alek hugged it "do you like it," Irena asked him, seeing that Alek was still hugging it with a smile on his face. The flying train wasnt too far from him. "You have to tell Uncle Charlie thank you when we see him," Irena said, moving the box to the side.

"My turn," George said, getting up from the sofa. From the back of the sofa he carried a box and put it in front of Alek. "This present is from your favorite uncle," George said, sitting down in front of Alek, waiting patiently for him to open what he got him. Alek looked at the box, confused once he had opened it. "The best products to my favorite nephew," George said.

He had given Alek a one-year-old products from the shop; because according to George, its never too early to start pranking. Irena told him that it was too soon; maybe in a few years, she was going to let him use the products.

"The products are free, it's a limited offer, though," George said, looking at Irena. She looked at him and shook her head, closing the box before Alek got anything out.

Fred got up excitedly "wait, theres one more present," he said running up the stairs. After a few minutes, Fred came running down the stairs holding something behind him. He had a smirk on his face as he walked closer to them. "Look, Alek, it's your first broom!" He said, showing the broom to Alek. Alek got up, leaving his other presents behind. He walked to his father, "Frederick, I dont believe you," Irena said.

Fred had bought the broom over a year ago when she was a few months pregnant with Alek. She thought it was too soon for him to mount a broom but seeing how excited father and son were she let them have some fun.

Alek didnt know what to do but Fred tried to explain to the best of his abilities to his one-year-old about the flying broom. "With this broom, you can fly like the train uncle Bill gave you," Fred told Alek, pointing at the train that was above Alek's head. Irena watched her family with a smile on her face.

George, Fred, and Bill were around Alek, trying to get him to at least be a few inches from the ground while Molly told them that he was too young and he could get hurt.

Very late at night, Alek was finally able to sleep after the piece of cake and sweet frosting he had. As he closed his eyes and fell asleep, he had a smirk on his small face. Irena didnt want to forget that day.

------

I want to finish the book before the end of the year, and I think I might be able to do it. Thank you so much to all of you who are still reading my book.
🥺❤️