Chapter Four // Take That Bitchy Bears!

Please excuse the mistakes.

I casted  Dylan O'Brien as Lee because he just seems to have that charm, and he's super hot. AND I PROMISE IT'S NOT JUST BECAUSE I LOVE HIM.

CHAPTER FOUR // TAKE THAT BITCHY BEARS!

My head was pounding and my ears were ringing from all of the loud cheers from the Land Shark fans.

To make matters worse, Evan was fangirling over Lee.

Wait, wouldn't you call that fanboying?

Anyways, Lee scored the winning touchdown and was being hoisted in the air by his teammates, blue and yellow confetti was falling everywhere, the Land Shark cheerleaders were doing flips and hollering an annoying ass cheer, and some dude who was shirtless with a shark mask on his head was running around screaming "Take that Bitchy Bears!"

"Man, that Lee dude is one hot piece of meat." Evan fanboyed.

And to think that two days ago he was promising Sarah and I that he was not gay, and would never ever be gay.

Not gay my ass.

While I was busy giving Lee the coldest glare ever, he winked at me.

That jerk.

Sarah let out a light chuckle snapping me out of my hateful thoughts. "Sorry Evan, but I think Lee has the hots for Courtney, did you see that wink?"

Her words were like a bucket of ice water to my face. I instantly forgot about the Land Sharks victory, instead, I was trying to cover up the small blush forming on my cheeks.

Putting a hand to his mouth, Evan let out a dramatic sigh. "Gosh Courtney, you at least could have told me you and that sexy thing were seeing each other." He joked.

Rolling my eyes, I started laughing. "Yeah right, like I would date anyone who was a fan the Land Sharks, even if they only liked them just a tad bit."

"You better not," Sarah chuckled. "If you even were friends with a Land Shark fan the whole school would hate you."

Even though Sarah was only joking, I couldn't help but wonder if Lee and I ever were a thing, would Sarah and Evan still be my friends?

"Heck," Evan started. "I wouldn't care if he was a Land Shark fan, if I ever had a chance with someone that hot, I would go for it. Screw the school."

Yep. I'm pretty sure they would stand by me.

~

I was just fixing to go to bed until my phone started blaring my ringtone.

Looking down at my phone, I saw an unknown number with my area code on the screen.

Figuring it was probably just a friend from school, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Judge Courtney." Lee's familiar deep voice replied.

"Well if it isn't Mr. 'I Suck At Creating Nicknames.'"

I could hear Lee laughing on the other line, the joyful sound filled my ears.

"Okay I know Judge Courtney is bad, but that's just terrible."

I laughed. "I was kidding, idiot."

"Anyways, how the heck did you get my number?" I asked. suddenly worried that Lee was one of those freaky stalker dudes you see on TV show's.

"Your friend gave it to me." He explained. "I saw him sitting by you on the bleachers, I thought he was your boyfriend. After the game was over, I went up and asked him how he knew you, he said he was just a friend then told me I should call you, I believe his name was Evan I think?"

I shook my head in disappointment. Not only was I disappointed in Lee for thinking Evan was my boyfriend, I was mad at Evan for giving Lee my number.

"Lee, I'm one hundred percent sure Evan is gay. I would never date him."

"Well that explains why he told me I looked hot playing tonight."

I bursted into fits of laughter. "What can I say, that's Evan for you." I said once I caught my breath.

"Moving on from your odd friend," He started. "How about that game tonight?"

I mentally groan. Just when I forgot about that stupid win.

"Lee, if called me to brag about that stupid win, I don't want to hear it."

"Don't worry, I didn't call to brag. But if I recall, scoring a touchdown while there is only ten seconds left of the game isn't very stupid is it?" I could practically feel him smirking on the other line.

"Shut up Lee, I've seen better."

He scoffed. "Whatever, your just jealous."

"Yeah and pigs fly, keep dreaming Lee." I joked. "Anyways, if you didn't call to brag, what did you call me for?"

"Oh, about that..." He suddenly sounded nervous. "I was wondering if you wanted to get some ice cream tomorrow, since it's like hot outside and stuff."

Wait, was he asking me out on a date?

"Uhh...."

"I mean it's totally cool if you don't want too." He began. "I mean I just thought it would be really cool to just get to know each other, you know, become friends. I mean we both like football, and you seem cool, and-"

"Lee stop." I began, laughing at his nervousness. "I'll go."

He let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous."

I was surprised by Lee's sudden change of character. He wasn't the cocky, funny guy he usually was, now he sounded really insecure and shy.

"Hold up," I say in a dramatic tone. "Is Lee Christian, star quarterback, nervous?"

"Whatever Courtney, your just feeling cocky because this lovely guy is taking you out for ice cream."

Ladies and gentleman, he's back.

Authors Note,

Hey guys! I hoped you all liked this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing it!

By the way, I promise I'm not trying to go to fast with Courtney and Lee. There is a chance for a possible friendship but if they POSSIBLY become more than friends it's not going to be anytime soon.

Hey, they might not even end up together in the end, you never know.

And in the beginning of the chapter, when Courtney was talking about the Land Shark cheerleaders hollering 'an annoying ass cheer' I was not trying to offended cheerleaders in anyway. In fact, I happen to love cheerleading. Courtney was just really annoyed at the moment since the Land Sharks won the football game.

xoxo, Emma