Chapter Seven// Babe, You Don't Need Beauty Sleep.

I was dreading school Monday morning.

I could say that the reason I was dreading school was because of our loss Friday night, but I'd be lying to myself if I said that I actually believed that pathetic excuse.

The real reason why I was dreading school because I was worried that someone saw Lee and I Saturday night, even though there was nothing going on between us, that wouldn't stop people from spreading rumors.

I was still debating whether or not to tell Sarah and Evan about me hanging out with Lee on Saturday. I knew that Evan wouldn't care, considering the fact that he was the one who gave Lee my number, but Sarah was a whole different story.

Sarah probably wouldn't mind me being friends with Lee, but knowing her, she would probably be to worried about what other people would think about me if they ever found out.

So when I decided to be a woman and tell them, there reactions were as expected.

"I totally saw it coming." Evan said the same time Sarah let out a high pitched scream.

"Your dating Lee Christian?" She said in a voice that people from miles away could hear.

Her statement earned us some very curious looks from everyone in the hallway. I gave them an apologetic smile while shooting Sarah a glare.

I covered her mouth with my hand. "Sarah! Would you please shut up?"

"Courtney, if people ever found out that you guys are a couple, you know that everyone would hate you, right?"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "We're not dating!"

"But he was totally eye rapeing you at the game Friday." Evan butted in.

"Lee and I are just friends. We're never going to be anything more." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Wait, how did you guys even meet?" Sarah asked with a confused expression on her freckled covered face.

"One day I was walking home from school and I crashed into him. Then we talked at the game, Evan gave him my number, and we hung out Saturday."

Sarah raised her eyebrows and smirked. "Wow Courtney, I'm proud of you. Who knew you could get a guy as hot as Lee."

~

I was awaken by phone buzzing repeatedly at eleven o'clock during the night.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Look outside your window, sleeping beauty."

Slowly, I got up out of bed and opened my curtain to the window that was in my room, to see Lee standing there smirking at me, holding his phone to his ear.

"Come outside, I have a surprise."

I groaned. "Lee it's eleven o'clock on a school night, I'm not going wherever you plan on taking me."

I saw him shrug through my window. "Okay then, guess you'll just have to deal with me blowing up your phone all night."

I glared at him in defeat and ended the phone call. I changed out of my flannel pants and threw on some shorts, leaving my black tank-top on.

I threw on a random pair of shoes, and tried to sneak out of my house as quietly as possible.

Once I was out of my house, a cold breeze immediately hit me. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea to go outside late at night in the early fall in only a tank-top and shorts.

I almost fell over when a heavy piece of fabric hit me in the face. "Wear that," Lee said. "And next time don't go out in the middle of the night wearing a tank-top and shorts."