Chapter Five // He's A Complete Ass When He Wakes Up.

Please excuse the mistakes.

Gif of Jack (Austin Butler.) to the side ----->

CHAPTER FIVE // He's A Complete Ass When He Wakes Up.

I was awoken from a deep sleep by my phone blasting "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Courtney, come to Jack's house. Now." Josh's deep voice replied.

"If this is because you're hungover from some crazy party and for some odd reason you left you're car at home, again, I'm not picking you up. It's like seven in the morning, you and you're lazy ass can wait."

"Courtney this is serious." Josh said in a stern tone.

Suddenly awaken by how serious Josh was being, I bolted up out of bed.

"I'll be there in ten."

~

"We found him like this as soon as we got here." Josh said once I entered the alcohol scented house.

Josh was explaining to me what had happened to Jack, Cole was picking up empty liquor, beer, and vodka bottles, while Jack laid sound asleep on the couch.

"I'm pretty sure something happened with his dad, he called me before the game and told me he was going to visit him at the hospital, Cole and I came here this morning and found him completely wasted."

I was barely listening to Josh's words, I was to busy examining Jack. He was lying on his belly with his right arm slung off the couch holding an empty bottle of liquor. His face was turned forward, allowing me to see the drool coming out of his open mouth.

"Where's his mom? You said she was coming to visit." I asked as I looked up to Josh's tall figure.

"She's at a nearby hotel, probably would be a bit awkward for her to stay here with Jack after not speaking to him for fifteen years."

I nod my head in agreement, suddenly wondering if Jack's mom would ever come back into his life.

~

I woke up on the opposite couch across from Jack to see Jack's living room cleared of glass bottles and a blanket draped around his body.

Cole and Josh left an hour or two ago, I told them I would stay and watch Jack while they went to football practice.

"Courtney?" Jack's husky voice asked.

I turned towards Jack to see him sitting up, stretching his arms.

"You woke up." I said with a smile on my lips.

"Well no shit Sherlock."

Another thing for me to remember, Jack's a complete ass when he wakes up.

"Did we win last night?" He questioned.

I scrunched up my eyebrows. "You just woke up probably very hungover, someone's in you're house that you never invited into, and the only thing you're worried about is if we won the homecoming game?"

"Just answer the question Courtney."

I let out a loud sigh, knowing that he wouldn't like the answer I was about to give him.

Then it struck me that a peppy six year old was nowhere to be seen.

"Jack?"

"Huh?" He asked tiredly.

"Where's Bella?"

"Fuck." He muttered. "I forgot, I was supposed to pick her up from het friends house by nine."

I let out a sigh of relief that Bella wasn't home to see Jack in his drunken state then glanced up at the clock on his living room wall and saw that it was already ten thirty.

I got up from the comfy couch I was laying on and grabbed my purse. "I guess I'll let you get ready, I'll see you at school." I quickly bolted towards the front door and heard Jack mutter a simple bye, hoping to get out as fast as I could. I didn't want to waste anymore of Jack's time.

I felt my phone vibrate in my bag as I left Jack's house, I pulled the small IPhone out of my bag and read the text.

Lee: See you tonight, babe ;)

I could feel my cheeks burning at the cute nickname he had called me as I climbed into my Nissan Ultima.

A/N

Okay, okay. Please don't kill me! I know it's been a month since my last chapter but I was thinking of many different ways to write this chapter then it ended up being a filler chapter. I'm super duper sorry! I promise next chapter will have Courtney and Lee's date, hopefully it will be better!

xoxo, Emma