Chapter Six // Finding Nemo Deserved An Oscar.

Picture of Sarah (Emma Stone) to the side ------>

Please excuse the mistakes.

Chapter Six // Finding Nemo Deserved An Oscar.

I had absolutely no idea what I was going to wear tonight.

My floor was covered in clothes that I had thrown out of my now empty closet.

I felt like a girl from a cheesy, cliché, teen movie.

I had no idea why I was even worrying about what I should wear in the first place anyways, it was just Lee after all, I could care less about his opinion of me.

I eventually decided to wear a purple colored dress with a floral pattern at the bottom of it. It was cute but casual, it would be fine for an ice cream date, right?

Date. That word was worse than the plague.

No, this was not a date, it was simply just two people getting to know each other.

Deciding to move on to my hair which I was going to curl, I realized that I had five minutes before Lee would be here.

Five more minutes until an event that would decided whether or not Lee and I could be friends.

~

My phone vibrated on the counter which I had sat it on while I was curling my hair, just when I had put my curling iron up.

Out front, ready when you are ;) -Lee.

Realizing that I took longer on curling my hair than I had planned, I checked my hair and makeup very quickly then threw on a white cardigan over my dress. Grabbing my phone, I began to make my way out of my room down the stairs.

I wrote a quick note to my parents that I had gone out in case they got back from there business meeting before I got back from my date - I mean hangout - with Lee.

Once I had escaped my house and locked the front door, I found Lee holding the passenger door open of his black pickup truck for me.

"Wow Lee, never knew you could be such a gentleman." I said out of sarcasm once I had slid into the passenger seat of his truck.

He threw me a wink before closing the door. "Only for the ladies." Then he made his way over to the drivers seat.

~

The car ride with Lee was actually much better than I thought it would be.

It wasn't awkward, or insanely quiet. We actually had a civil conversation without any rude insults about our school teams, but he occasionally flirted with me from time to time.

When we finally arrived to the small ice-cream shop, I picked out my personal favorite ice-cream flavor, cookies and cream, while Lee went for a traditional chocolate cone.

I had insisted on paying for myself, but after ten minutes of fighting and a shy cashier awkwardly waiting for us to decided who was going to pay, Lee threw his money on the counter for both of us then grabbed my hand and left before I could say a word.

We were now walking on the boardwalk that led to the beach, silently eating our ice cream cones. Lee's hand had not released mine since we left the ice cream shop, but I liked how his hand warmed mine, so I decided not to let go.

"So tell me something about yourself." Lee said, finally breaking the silence.

I gave him a small smile. "Well it's not that easy, what do you want to know?"

We paused by a trashcan to throw our ice cream cones away. Once we had thrown them away, we continued walking and he spoke again. "Fine, let's just play twenty questions, you go first."

Deciding it was to early to go into really deep questions, I went with something simple. "What's you're favorite color?" I asked him.

He gave me a light punch on the shoulder with the hand that was not gripping mine. "Come on Court, you can to better than that." A light chuckle escaped his lips. "It's green, and that question doesn't count, think of something more creative.

"Alright well how's this," I said then began to think of an interesting question. "If you were stranded on a deserted island, all by yourself, what three things would you like to have with you?"

He lifted a hand to his chin as if this question was something that needed deep thinking to be answered. "A surfboard, my whole kitchen, and Amanda Seyfried."

I rolled my eyes at his last answer. "Things Lee, not people. And why her, wouldn't you rather have you're mom or someone close to you?"

"Ehh, my mom talks to much." Then he threw me a wink and said, "But I wouldn't mind if you were with me."

Ignoring the slight flutter in my stomach at his comment, I gave him a glare. "I still don't count as a thing, Lee."

He smirked. "But you're a sexy thing."

I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

He let out a loud sigh. "But if it has to be a literal thing, I guess I would bring my turtle, Crush."

"You named you're turtle after a character in Finding Nemo?" I asked, trying to hold in my laughter but failing miserably.

"Nemo is an amazing movie by the way! Should've won an Oscar." He said, trying to keep a serious tone but eventually laughed with me.

We went back and forth asking each other questions throughout the night and I was positive we asked way more than twenty. But sadly it was getting awfully late, and Lee had to drop me off at home.

I was laying in bed with a smile on my face, thinking of the fun night I had with Lee when I heard my phone buzz.

Tonight was fun, do something with me next Saturday?- Lee

I texted him back with a simple yes, then went to sleep with the smile I had been wearing for half an hour still on my face.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I know it took forever for this update. *sighs* I'm super duper sorry, I've had a bunch of exams lately and my birthday is coming up. APRIL 16TH BABY. Anyways, I also have cheer tryouts, a trip to hot springs, a bunch of stuff for my brother's wedding in May, and school going on right now so it's not that easy to have an update that's decent very often. But I hoped you guys liked this chapter! And how did you like to Nemo reference? (Here's a secret: I used to watch that movie every single day as a kid! I still am secretly in love with the movie!)

Have a very amazing day!

xoxo, emma <3