Zeus's Bolt (Garret Hart Trilogy)

Garret hart, a green beret serving in Vietnam, is participating in the last part of the US's efforts in the war.  As the States become weary from war efforts their military's drive to win wanes.  Still imbued with patriotism Hart draws up a master plan; essentially perfect at all angles.  The brilliant Hart's plan is approved by his superior officers and they scrounge up some special operations soldiers to participate.

The plan?  The launching of a series of attacks on vietnamese hot beds of economic activity, causing them to bleed out.  They had already confirmed that the Soviets and Chinese were providing financial and material aid to the NVA, and cutting off the flow of material and cash will undoubtedly cause the NVA to collapse in on itself due to lack of supplies and capital.

Operation Zeus's Bolt is a go and the hammer is about to be brought to the anvil in an all or nothing blow.  When the ordeal ends, the US pulls out its forces quickly, leaving Garret Hart and what remained of the soldiers under his command.  Betrayed and angered beyond belief they are forced to survive.

Unable to find decent work they resort to freelance work; assassinations of people.  Garret Hart then thinks up another brilliant plan.  He gathers his men and tells them of what he intends to do.  Form together and usurp the democratic regime in the United States.

Hart's wrath was about to be felt.