The King's Men

It is 1967 in the United States, and the civil rights movement for African Americans was in full swing.  People of color spoke out against the discrimination that has bombarded them for centuries and are nipping at the Government's heels trying to get them to give them the freedoms they desire.  At the tip of the spear Martin Luther King Jr. is using his influence to garner the angry masses around him to protest.

But a man like Martin Luther is bound to have his enemies.  These enemies were found everywhere, and he needed protection.  Sure he had the obvious bodyguard, but the government wouldn't move in for a close quarters assassination.  They would poison his food, or implant explosives, or deploy a sniper to bring him down.  Who would take care of those enemies?

Richard Knight, an African American hailing from rural Georgia, proposes to Martin Luther to have added protection.  Protection that went beyond the dispiriting presence of muscular and imposing men surround him.  Protection that would cover all the corners and using offense to terminate potential threats.  Knight is a battle-hardened veteran of the Koreanm War, where he was a special forces soldier sent in deep into the enemy territory where surveillance, self-reliance, and watchful eyes were key for survival.

When he decides to confront Mart Luther about the need for added protection, he contacted some of his old war buddies and finally contacted Luther.  Though reluctant at first due to his nonviolent views, after they promised to claim non affiliation to Luther if he were found out, King agreed.  They were now "unofficially" the King's Men.  After stopping numerous attempts at the King's life during his famous speeches, he begins to notice that there was indeed a Governmental plot against King.  He was on the wanted list and it is Knight's job to neutralize those who want him dead.