Crushing Rose Petals (Garret Hart trilogy)

The time is 1967 and the war in Vietnam is up to full pace. A conjoined force America and South Vietnam work together in a large operation known well as Operation Cedar Falls that were aimed at striking down Vietcong opeations in and around Saigon.

Green Beret sniper, Garret Hart, is a part of one of the special forces teams that were known for swift deployment into hostile areas and taking them down with tactics that would today be considered terrorism

While aboard a Blackhawk helicopter with a joint force of South Vietnamese and Green Berets they are heading for the city of Saigon. The mission was to be covert but their push towards the capital was halted by a deadly barrage of machine gun fire and RPGs. when a RPG lands a hit on the helicopters tail it loses control and goes down a spiral of fiery metal and bedlam. When it crashes, Garret Hart realizes that he is the only survivor, and his radio equipment was destroyed in the crash. He was left alone in the lethal wilderness with just his sniper's rifle, a Colt M16 rifle, a pistol, and a map and compass.

Garret Hart flees for his life into the rainforest to escape the denizens of vietcong. As he scrambles south in hopes of finding ally forces. to his dismay he is captured and brought into the corrupt heart of the NVA, Saigon, as a Prisoner of war.

-This novel is historically accurate and is full of plot twists and turns that will cause the reader's heart to jump every time. The thrilling scenes of unadulterated action will only leave you wanting more.