The Emerald Colony

A sting operation, by definition, is a complicated confidence game that is planned with great care in order to apprehend a criminal or group of criminals.  Fifty four year old Harry Garamond is the best in these types.  The middle-aged Breton works in Interpol and has been the tip of the spear in numerous takedowns of international criminals.

With retirement around the corner his final wish in Interpol is to be assigned one more case and to bust one more Black Market infrastructure.  His chief honors his wish and assigns him to what will be his most difficult case yet.

His case?  Infiltrate Asiatic Triads as a wealthy British investor with an alias and track down a notorious black market dealer and gang head known only as the Cobra.  Purchasing a property in Bangkok, hiring a crack team of body guards, and establishing cash flows in the black market Garamond begins the most dangerous sting of his life.

As he gets more and more linked into the crime community he soon realizes he's gotten himself into something much larger than human trafficking or money laundering.  The sudden disappearances of hundreds of African villagers from the horn of Africa is alarming.  As the rural population of Ethiopia is slowly siphoned, a sudden influx of emeralds into the global market arouses suspicion.

Reports of enslavement in the Southeast Asian islands of Malaysia, Indonesia, and the coast of Vietnam are startling.  When Garamond comes to the realization of what was happening and what was going to happen forces him to act.  Can he stop the creation of the Cobra's Emerald Colony?