Tracking Black Lotus

The US government is in trouble.  A shady individual has dug up a piece of long shrouded intelligence that could potentially collapse the American economy, and eventually leading up to the destruction of the United States.  The CIA's Special Activities Division enlists the help of Trevor Sharp, a former field agent and freelance killer to track the individual who they coined Black Lotus.

Trevor Sharp sets off with a notice of non-affiliation.  If things went south then the CIA wouldn't be held reliable for the troubles.  Little information is known about Black Lotus except for his/her background in dealing in contraband within seedy Asian triads.  Contraband in the form of governmental intelligence and information that could be used as tools of getting money in exchange for the intel. 

As Sharp sifts through the depths of these triads, searching for any information that could shed light on Black Lotus, Black Lotus sends a series of frightening messages to the President of the US as an ultimatum of what he/she wants in exchange for the intel.

This story would be a heart racing story that incorporates realism of the time and a plot that will leave you wanting more every chapter.