02 | the dumb generation

OCTOBER 16TH

OCTOBER 16TH.
ORION ACADEMY:
SPORTS' EQUIPMENT HIDDEN ROOM

"OH, MY GOD. It's real!" The blonde girl squeaked, a wide smile spreading across her face.

Karan arched his eyebrow as his eyes narrowed, staring at the two girls who had completely ignored his introduction and didn't bother to give theirs.

Maybe that's why he prefers men.

He tried to figure out the expression layering their faces in the dim light when one of them spoke.

"What is?" The Asian girl asked, completely clueless like he was. Karan mentally sighed--glad to know that he wasn't the only Asian in the room. Who knows, maybe she moved here recently too. They could bond over how bizarre some traditions are or how different things are done here. Maybe he'd have a friend other than these two guys.

"Just a few students who go here know about The Black Hole. It is...well, um. It is a secret society of Orion Academy. They say that every year, they choose their successors from a bunch of newly admitted first years as the forth years graduate. Guess who's in luck," She explained with a wink.

An eerie silence filled the room.

"How do you know about this?" West questioned, passing a skeptical look on his face. Well, considering that it's his normal expression, it's hard to tell if it's pointed at her or not.

C'mon, Karan. At least give a point to West for asking the right question.

"I'm a legacy. My elder brother is a student here and he was obsessed with The Black Hole rumour. It was his dream to get in but he didn't, unfortunately."

"And we should believe you, why?" West stood beside Karan. "Who even are you? And how did you get an invitation to this non-existent party? Do you even go here?"

The tall girl rolled her eyes. Or did she just look away? It's hard to tell when there's no light. "Quit being so doubtful." She groaned. "I was invited by a friend. And I'm not here with any murderous intentions. Although, that might change if you continue to raise your ridiculous speculations."

It most likely will change especially when...gah! I can't hold my thoughts. It's so tough to tell the story without giving out some juicy intel. Ugh.

Lex sighed. "He doesn't like social interactions and therefore, sucks at it. All he wanted to ask were your names and if he should trust you," He defended West. Karan wasn't sure if West and Lex were best friends but taking into mind that Karan and Lex share a room and West is almost always there, he didn't consider assuming that they weren't.

"Say that next time. I'm Aphrodite." She gestured at herself and then next to her. "And she is my roommate, Yumi."

Karan nodded. He turned around and walked closer to the wall. He brushed his finger against the red linings. He sniffed the thick liquid smeared on his index finger. "Are they what--calling us five strangers for an initiation night?" Karan said as he turned back to them.