34 | far from over

19TH NOVEMBER

19TH NOVEMBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
CAMPUS.

THE excitement of the basketball game on the next day was up in the air. Students were enthusiastic about the first game against their number one rival, Braxtonford University and also to see Lex Rivera--the freshman captain--play and handle the team. There was too much pressure on Lex--this was exactly the reason why he had just one minute to wish Aphrodite good morning and he wasted no shred of a second in doing otherwise.

Yumi was in the bathroom, taking a shower and Aphrodite was busy unpacking her clothes when she had a strong pair of hands wrapped around her waist. She felt a kiss on the nape of her neck. Her body jolted with intensity. She swirled around and kissed him.

"Good morning," she whispered when they pulled apart.

"Good morning, Aphy." He smiled. "Probably won't get a chance to meet today but I need your luck."

Aphrodite kissed his dimple. "Is that enough?"

"Mhmm, more," he demanded. She stood on her toes but Lex instantly lifted her with ease. She kissed his eyelashes. His lips twitched upwards against her neck. She chuckled at the tickling sensation. "You can still do better." Upon his statement, she bit her lips and cupped his face before tugging him closer. A soft touch, a quick kiss--that's all he needed to melt. Aphrodite couldn't help but be amazed by the impact she has on him. His eyes were still closed when she pulled apart. She captured his face in her memory and imprinted his smell, soaking every detail. She was his home and he was hers.

"You should leave before Yumi comes out," she murmured, not willing to let go herself.

"Ugh." He whined.

"Lex!" Aphrodite called him out. "I haven't talked to her yet."

A frown formed on his face as he let her go. He put her down and took a few steps away--that was the first time when Aphrodite glanced at what he was wearing; blue jersey and shorts. Tomorrow he will be playing for their academy and she will be sitting at the bleachers--cheering for the man she loves.

Fuck, did she just say 'loves'? Oh, my, my.

"What's wrong? You look like you're freaking out," He remarked.

She was. She had just admitted to herself that she was in love with him. Shit.

"Oh, um. I just...I have a paper to submit in one hour. I completely forgot about it. I...I will see you later." She flashed her best, convincing smile. Lex likely noticed that it was something else but dropped it anyway.

"See you later." He smiled back and turned around to leave.

Once he was gone, Aphrodite's legs felt numb. She laced her fingers in her long hair and began to nervously play with it. She plopped on her bed. She had barely started to date Lex and she was already falling for him. They were simply going to give it a shot. And look how that turned out.