35 | the cat's out of the bag...kinda

19TH NOVEMBER

19TH NOVEMBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
APHRODITE AND YUMI' S DORM ROOM.

YUMI was in the middle of her intense study session when the door of her room was flung open. Reflexively, she turned her head and saw Aphrodite walk inside. Her previous excitement mixed with a flicker of nervousness as she left to meet her friend was now dissolved into something more dry.

Yumi understood that her friendship date didn't go well.

Aphrodite glanced at Yumi who was studying her every movement--she was reading everything Aphrodite was coding. Deciphering her every expression, every crease on her forehead, every twitch or frown on her face.

Her roommate noticed it but didn't utter a word. Instead, she dropped the sling bag from her shoulder and pushed her boots out of her feet. She slumped her shoulders as she walked towards her bed. Yumi turned around to see what Aphrodite was doing. She knew that she was far from okay.

Aphrodite buried herself under the covers and curled herself up in a ball. Yumi furrowed her eyebrows. Yep, something was definitely wrong.

Yumi stood up from her chair and took two strides towards her bed. Strands of Aphrodite's blonde hair stuck out of her covers but other than that, she couldn't see a thing. She rested her hand on the outline of her arm and pulled her hand back when she felt her shaking.

Yumi pulled the covers away.

"Are you crying?"

She wasn't.

"Are you feeling cold? Do you want me to check your temperature?"

She whimpered.

"Aphrodite, you are shaking. What's wrong?" Yumi picked up her phone. "I'm calling a doctor."

Then a strangled voice came out as Aphrodite turned to look at Yumi. "No."

"You look sick."

"A virus can't be sick," she murmured.

"What?" Yumi squinted her eyes. "Something is wrong. I'm calling the boys too."

Just as Yumi's finger hovered over the Call button, Aphrodite quickly sat up and clutched her wrist. "Please, Yumi. Don't call them." Her voice wasn't as soft as she remembered. On the contrary, it was rough--strangled, even.

"Well, then talk." Yumi put her phone away. "Something is bothering you. Talk to me, it might help. Help me understand what's up with you."

"Why don't you make me understand what's up with you?" Aphrodite snapped. She threw her covers, not shaking anymore. She didn't look pale or sick anymore. She seemed mad. Red colour tinted her ears as she glared at Yumi but Yumi's only reaction was confusion.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"You really don't think that I don't remember our kiss now, do you?"