42 | did the deed

28TH NOVEMBER

28TH NOVEMBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
CAMPUS CAFETERIA.

"YOU gotta be shitting me! Are they for real?" West hunched back on his seat. He folded his big arms over his broad chest and rolled his eyes. His thick brows were knotted as he glared at his friends. "I can't believe they're gonna pretend it's all okay after what they asked us to do."

"Look, Westie--"

"Don't call me that!" He howled at Karan.

"Hey, West," Aphrodite called him from the other side of the table. "You can't forget the fact that not the entire Black Hole can be included. It could be just a few or one of them. And besides, this is perfect. We get to meet them and find out whose twisted mind did the deed."

"Please don't say did the deed," Yumi murmured from Karan's side.

A beat of silence.

"You should eat something," Lex told Aphrodite. She shrugged in response. "It won't be good for you if you don't eat anything. We all have lost our appetites but--" Lex paused when a moan escaped from Karan. All their eyes fell on Karan who happily chewed his fries without a care in the world. Karan was about to shove two more fires when he noticed all the eyes on him. He dropped the fries and cleared his throat.

"Yea--yeah. Lex is, um, right," Karan stammered. He pushed the plate of fires to him reluctantly. "Have some..." He trailed off. Aphrodite looked at him strangely and pushed the plate back.

"It's okay. I had some granola bars. I'll try eating something when I feel like it."

Karan sighed in relief and grinned. "Uh-okay." He pulled the plate back and munched his fries. "Anyway, the text never said where we are supposed to meet. Got any clue where it could be?" Karan added after swallowing his last fry.

"It says to meet where it all started. It's obviously a clue," Yumi said.

"Um, the secret room in the sports room?" Lex guessed.

"That should be it." West nodded at his best friend. West knew Lex's secret but it had been three days yet Lex wouldn't ask what made West perform the task. West should've told Lex about Katherine right when he ended things with her but it was too late now. He couldn't carve out the words anymore. If he told him now, he would lose Lex and he couldn't let that happen.

"All right, Lex and I are leaving," Aphrodite said as they both stood in unison. Lex took her coat and helped her put it on before sliding his own. "We have a paper to write. We'll see you guys later."

Could they make it any more obvious that they are together?

Aphrodite and Lex stepped out of the cafeteria, heading towards their dorm room when a young man--probably in his mid-twenties approached them. He stared at Aphrodite with fascination and examined her from up and down. Lex held his urge to punch him in his face.