ACT THREE / the faith

caelum's gonna come back later on in act 3 so i decided i wanted to sketch him :)

it was not until now that i realized just how TERRIFYING a gorgon mask is oh my god—but hey at least caelum's hot KANGKWNGNG

-

You stood, supporting Harlequin's unconscious body. Elizabeth raised her hand in a familiar gesture, and you let out a little sigh as warmth emanated from her palm, spreading over the surrounding area. Harlequin and Diane stirred, their blood and injuries slowly fading.

As Diane checked on Harlequin and Elaine reunited with Ban, you made your way over to Elizabeth. She turned at the sound of your footsteps, and your heart clenched at the sight of her amber eyes. Seeing her in front of you made the realization that she would be dead in three days hurt so much worse.

"You're okay," she said with a soft smile. "I got worried when I felt that huge burst of dark energy."

A puff of steam rose from Hawk's snout. "T-That thing wouldn't have stood a chance against me and my subordinates!"

You nodded, too overwhelmed to bother arguing. "But what about you, Elizabeth?" you asked, keeping your eyes on her as she walked up to you. "Are you okay?"

"Of course." She gently cupped your face with her hand. "I remember everything that happened to the Nebulae now. I can't believe we didn't think to send help. I am so sorry."

You put your hand on hers and shook your head. "It's okay. Do not blame yourself. It's all in the past."

Elaine turned away from Ban. "Still, this is an unbelievable amount of magic power," she said, addressing Elizabeth, who looked over your shoulder at her. "So you really are a Goddess. Which Elizabeth are you right now?"

Elizabeth took her hand away from your face. "Right now, I'm both the Elizabeth of the Goddess race, as well as Elizabeth, princess of Liones Kingdom." Everyone was silent at her revelation, and she took that opportunity to change the subject. "Hey, Merlin, where's Meliodas?"

Merlin was oddly quiet, even as Elizabeth approached her.

"Merlin? The princess asked you a question," Gowther said. "Merlin?"

"Merlin?" Elizabeth rose onto her tippy toes to get a closer look at Merlin's face. "Really, I hardly recognized you! Look how beautiful you've become. You're a grown woman now."

"Y-Yes."

Elizabeth smiled. "Hey! Aren't you going to call me 'Big Sis' like you used to?"

You choked on your saliva and joined the others in repeating the nickname with incredulity. You couldn't believe that Merlin, who seemed to radiate cool big sister energy, would ever call anyone--Elizabeth included--'Big Sis.'

"You used to look up to me like a real big sister, remember?" Elizabeth asked.

"No," Merlin said, barely hiding a stammer. "When are you talking about?"

"Back when you were 12 or 13. Don't you remember?"

Diane turned to Harlequin with wide eyes. "You mean this Merlin?"

"Big Sis?"

Escanor approached the three of you. "Princess Elizabeth," he said with a deep bow and a hand over his chest, "we'd appreciate if you could tell us more details."

Merlin turned on him. "Mind your own business!"

"Pardon me for interrupting your little chat." Your hand lighted on your rapier as you turned to see a familiar purple-haired Demon float to a stop a few yards in front of you.