ACT TWO FINALE / whatever happens

<EDITED ON FEBRUARY 4>

remember to vote and comment, stay hydrated, and love yourself. thank you all for 6k! take care :)

-

You grinned and disarmed your opponent, favoring the left side of your body as the muscles in your right arm tightened up. Ban laughed as his practice sword flew to the ground, tilting his chin up to avoid the tip of your rapier.

"I guess it was a mistake to say I was going to use a sword this time," Ban said. You brought your rapier down and sheathed it. "I think I'm at two losses now, right?"

"Yes, and I am at two as well," you replied. "Pretty good for someone recovering from the brink of death, I'd say."

Ban rolled his eyes. "Elizabeth healed you before you got there, don't be so dramatic."

"Fine," you relented, drawing out the 'i.' "But I am still proud, having beat you twice."

"I went easy on you the first time!"

"I do not think tripping over a pebble and landing on my rapier counts."

Howzer called your name, interrupting your bickering. You yelped as he wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you into the air. He laughed at the noise you made and set you back down, patting your head.

"Is Sir Howzer slacking off on his duties?" Ban asked with a quirked eyebrow, that lazy smile back on his face as he linked his hands behind his head.

"You should be asking the same about them, too," Howzer quipped, putting an arm on your shoulder. You swatted his hand, giving him a playful glare. He rose his hands in mock surrender. "Are you two heading back to the Boar's Hat? Meliodas needs his prized server and chef to run the place."

"God, I hope he doesn't try to cook," Ban muttered. He walked ahead of you and Howzer, his long strides equaling two of yours. "Come on, you two!"

You crossed your arms and quirked an eyebrow. "You clean up nicely," you said, Howzer shortening his strides so you could keep up with him.

He let out a little laugh and rubbed the back of his head. "Not as much as you."

"You flatter me too much," you said with a snort, gesturing to your sweat-soaked clothes. "I might need to freshen up if Meliodas ends up needing my help."

He shuddered. "Maybe cleaning up for Meliodas wouldn't be the best idea."

You hummed. "Yes, you're probably right."

You followed Ban to the Boar's Hat Tavern. When you arrived, it was to see an annoyed crowd of tavern-goers surrounding Meliodas, apparent by the sprout of blond hair peeking up from the middle of the group.

You ducked into a room and grabbed your uniform. You put it on and let out a little gag as you realized just how sweaty you were. Hopefully this doesn't attract any unwanted attention, you thought, comical tears streaming down your face as you adjusted the sleeves of your uniform.

You opened the door. As if on cue, Ban appeared behind the counter and slid a platter of food over to you. You gave him a thumbs-up, grabbed the platter, and hopped up on a stool.

"Stop bothering the pervert and come get your food!" you yelled. The crowd turned at once, and all of the anger in the atmosphere dissolved. They cheered and crowded you as you crouched and handed out food, hoping that they all went to the correct people.

"Hmm, hmm, hmm!"

A hand brushed against the back of your leg. "Get out of here!" you snapped, an irk mark appearing on your forehead as you brought your leg down on Meliodas' head. He fell to the ground, that irritating poker face watching you with interest as a bump formed on the top of his head.