Chapter 6- Breakfast at...Ky's?

Chapter 6: Breakfast at...Ky's?

I woke up with a severe headache and a pounding skull. Rolling around in my bed, I stopped to realize that this wasn't my bed at all.

I groaned as I got up. I was still dressed in my jeans and light blue v neck.

I noticed that the bedroom was ginormous, with window overlooking the city and a king sized bed, it felt like a palace.

I opened the bedroom door and looked out into a hallway.

There weren't any pictures or family items handing on the walls, and it all felt bare and empty. Finding my way to the kitchen, I froze when I saw Ky sitting there.

He looked up at me when I entered and gave me a small smile. "Morning."

"Morning..." I said skeptically. I went to where he was sitting on the bar stool and took the seat next to him. "Is this your house?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh..." I said, looking around. The living room was bigger than life itself. A large flat screen TV was up against the wall and soft couches lined the room.

My eyes suddenly widened. "Please tell me I didn't sleep with you."

His eyes widened also and he shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no. Don't worry. You just got a little drunk last night and passed out. I brought you back with me since I didn't know where you lived."

"Oh my God..." I placed my head in my hands and rested my arms in the counter. "That's so embarrassing. I'm sorry..."

I felt his hand on my back as it rubbed gently. "Hey, it's okay. It happens to everyone once in their life."

I groaned and banged my head against the counter.

"Here," Ky reached over the counter and handed me a plate with two biscuits, jam, and a sausage on it.

"I'll get some Aspirin, hold on," he said, and disappeared into a hallway.

Looking around, I felt like a TV chef. His kitchen was state of the art, with clean granite counter tops, tall walls, and polished, smooth dark cabinets with sleek steel handles.

In the living room, the windows stretched up to the ceiling and I saw the magnificent view of New York City.

But I noticed that Ky didn't have any personal pictures of items at all. There was a nice vase with flowers in it near the dining table, but other than that, little color or family remembrance remained.

"Here you go." Hearing Ky's voice, I nearly jumped out of my skin since I was too busy soaking in his beautiful home.

"Thanks," I said, swallowing the pill with water. After Ky sat back down, he remained eerily quiet for a few moments.

"Can I ask you something?" He said.

I looked up at him from the plate. "Sure."

"It's sort of personal, if you don't mind," he asked softly, and I had a feeling I knew what his question would be.

"Go ahead, I don't mind."

He seemed to be thinking on how to phrase whatever he was going to ask.

"You seem to get angry real easily...I've noticed for a while." Ky stated.

I looked at him expectantly. "So, what's your question?"

He sighed. "Do you have some sort of...oh, I don't know...anger issue?" he asked bashfully.