Chapter 10 - Oh Brother

Chapter 10: Oh Brother

● Ky ●

After I left Kate's apartment, I drove back home in my Ferrari. I had gotten used to the stares while I drove past. She was my baby.

I remembered looking at Kate. When she had answered the door, her hair was ruffled and her eyes were droopy and tired.

After hearing coach talk to Kate, the whole team was shocked. We had all, shamefully, listened in to their conversation of Kate's behavioral aggression issues and how she had been arrested.

I cleared my head and kept driving, but my thoughts went to Kate and her lips.

Damn how I wanted to kiss her. She looked so innocent and supple, her mouth parted open. They were practically calling to me. I wanted to feel every part of her body underneath me. Her moans, her sighs, her...

Stop.

But remembering the 'no hook-ups with team players' rule, I had lost those sexy lips.

I didn't truly know for sure if coach would kick us off the team if Kate and I slept together, but I couldn't risk my career. Hockey always comes first. No matter what.

Stopping my car, I made my way up to my penthouse.

"Hello Mr. Salazar." The doorman said.

"Hello Martin. Do I have mail today?"

"Indeed you do, sir." He turned around behind his desk and pulled out a box. "Here you go, sir."

"Thank you Martin. Have a good day."

In the elevator, I looked at the box address.

Liam Salazar. 896 South Drive

Santa Barbara, CA

Frowning, I stepped out of the elevator and into my house. Opening the box, I found a letter inside.

Ky,

It's been a long time since I've seen you! How' have you been? How's hockey? Are you working on those turns I keep telling you to fix?

Santa Barbara's great! It's different than New York, but seeing these beach tanned babes everyday surely makes up for it.

I groaned in annoyance.

Call me when you can. I hope I can come visit soon.

Your favorite brother,

Liam.

I scoffed. The only reason he was my favorite brother was because he was my only brother.

Inside the box, there was a picture of him and two girls in bikinis on his sides. I rolled my eyes and tossed the picture in the trash.

Plopping down on my bed, I thought of Liam. He was my older brother, yes, but he treated me like shit. Ever since I was born, he had been pushing me to be better in hockey; criticizing every move. I guess I owed some of it to him, but he was still an arrogant asshole.

I hope I can come visit soon.

That was the last thing I'll ever let happen.

●●●

Sorry that this chapter was so short! I'm kind of been in a really busy state these past few days and I think I'm starting to get writer's block...uh oh...

I hate writer's block so freaking much...bleh.

Anyways, this chapter was sort of a filler chapter, so there you go. 

Any who, have a fantastic day, and go watch some hockey!

-Anne :)