Chapter 15 - Pleasure

Chapter 15: Pleasure

● Kate ●

New addition to the New York Rangers, Kate Pruitt, was knocked out at Sunday's game in L.A. During that game, we had never seen an anger like that before. After looking at the fight Sunday, the public is skeptical about her behavior. Can this girl be trusted into the league? Or will there be a conference on her misleading attitude towards the team she plays for?

I turned off the T.V. and sat in gloom on my couch. They're so close, so close to finding out about the truth and my arrest. I won't let it happen. Not over my dead body.

I heard the doorbell ring and went to answer it. Since it was a Friday night, after practice, I lazed around all day, not knowing what to do except sulk about the report on the news.

I was shocked to see Ky standing at my door.

"Hey," I said, letting him in. I shut the door and turned to face him.

"Did you see the report?" he asked, looking over at my T.V.

I scoffed. "Yeah," I walked into the kitchen and poured myself some lemonade with a hint of scotch in it. I offered one to Ky and he took it.

"What do you think about it?" he asked, taking a sip.

I shrugged. "As long as they don't find out about my past, I'm good, right?" I said, trying to hide my worry.

He didn't answer and we just stood there, leaning against opposite counters, looking at each other.

"I know that at the beginning of the season, the whole team was horrible to you," he began, his gaze focused on me intently, "but I need you to know that we're here for you now. And we're really sorry about all the shit we caused you."

A strange comforting feeling took ahold of my chest and I smiled back. Knowing that my teammates were with me instead of against me was the best feeling in the world.

"Thank you...for everything. I didn't realize you could be such a softie." I joked, sipping my drink.

Ky rolled his eyes, chuckling softly. "I just hope that the reporters will find something better to do with their lives than harass you with questions."

My face clouded over. "Yeah...I just can't believe how close they are to finding the truth, you know? I've come all this way and worked so damn hard and now they want to tear my whole life down."

When I looked up at Ky's face, I finally saw emotion held within his irises. There was a little bit of pity, worry, and curiosity. I glanced away.

"Look, Kate, you'll be fine, I promise. Even if everything leaks, we can get past it. Clint knows some people that can help with your publicity. And if you need some guys to beat up the reporters, well, you've got us." He grinned, opening his arms.

I laughed shakily, realizing that my throat has tightened. I had never felt loyalty this amazing like when I was with the team.

"So," Ky started, "how's the bruise treating you?"

I shrugged, looking down at my covered ribs. "It's okay." Gently, I lifted up my shirt and revealed the slightly purpled ribs.

Ky walked towards me and bent down to examine it. "Ouch. It looks better though, and at least you didn't get any costochondral separation." He said.

I laughed. "Who are you now? Doctor Salazar?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, but I know a lot about injuries. Probably more than a doctor, actually."

Slowly, he brushed his fingers over the bruised area, and I sucked in a short breath. I felt the warmth of his fingers on my skin, the lingering spots where he had touched me. Suddenly, my bruise wasn't that important to me anymore.

Then, without warning, I felt his soft, warm, lips gently press up against the area of bruising. I almost fell from wobbly knees. What is he doing?

Ky looked up at me with half lidded eyes, desire coursing through both of us. My hands were clutching the counter tightly, not knowing what else to do.

Ky stood up slowly. His face was right in front of mine and his eyes were closed tightly.

Slowly, he placed both hands on either side of me, resting on the counter; trapping me in his cage. My heart skipped several beats and I didn't remember what oxygen was. His eyes were still closed, as if he were thinking very hard. He sighed heavily.

Suddenly, Ky took my right hand and slowly began to kiss each finger, the touch lingering on my skin. I sucked in a sharp breath and watched him in curiosity. He kissed my wrist and palm, then back to my fingers.

"Ky..."

His eyes shot back to mine and his breath warmed my hand. Frustratingly sighing, he groaned. "I know I should go, but I'm not going to. I want you so bad, Kate."

My knees almost collapsed on me and I felt weak. Instead of telling him that this was a bad idea, that our careers were in danger, I let out a quiet moan.

His eyes lit up with arousal and he pulled me close and crashed our lips together. His kiss was ravenous and hungry, desperate for more. I moved my lips with his feverishly and felt his tongue dip into my mouth. Wrapping my arms around his neck, he ran his hands down my back and toyed with the hem of my shorts.

I ran my fingers down his abdomen and could feel his ripped muscles. Ky's hands grasped my butt and I moaned against his lips.

Lifting me up, I looped my legs around his waist, him carrying me to the bedroom.

Ky murmured into my throat. "Kate..." he kissed up and down my neck and I tilted my head back to let him kiss me harder.

I let my fingers roam through his hair, clutching at his back with the other hand.

Ky dropped us down onto the middle of my bed and kissed down my neck, then to the slit of the v in my shirt. He made me shiver in places I'd never felt before. I had never been this aroused in my life.

He pulled off my shirt and gazed down at me, grinning. Pulling off his own shirt, he began to kiss the swell of my breasts from my bra down my stomach. My skin was burning with his every touch.

The way he clutched at my waist, how he pulled me towards him, how I raked my fingers down his back...it didn't seem to matter.

All that mattered was right now...ours bodies clinging to each other as we fell into a burst of pleasure.