Chapter 20 - Falling Harder

Chapter 20 : Falling Harder

   "Good game everyone!" Coach yelled as we filed out of the locker room. It honestly had been a great game. We won 5-1 with three shots in the two first periods, great defense and offense for us, and a hat trick or two for me, I could say that my life couldn't have gotten any better.

    Oh wait, I should take that back.

    My personal life was absolute hell, along with all the criticizing I got from fans and reporters before and after games. Even when I was shopping for food, an apple was thrown at my head.

    New Yorkers.

    I just hoped that this would all be behind me soon.

    When Ky and I were the only ones left in the locker room, he came over to me and kissed me slowly.

    "You okay?" he asked, pulling me down onto his lap.

    I nodded, lying. "Yeah. I'm okay."

    "Mhmm. Sure." He said suspiciously. "Anyways, the teams going out to Killian's place tonight for a party. You want to come?"

    I shook my head. "Nah, I think I'll pass. Tell him I said good game, though."

    "Kate..." he groaned, pulling me closer. "Come on. You can't let this whole dilemma keep you from having fun. One night. For me."

    I looked into his hazel eyes. Sighing, I nodded. "Fine." Pecking his lips, I stood up. "But I may not stay for long. I need to get back to Stanley. He's missed me for a while and frankly I have a strange feeling that all my undergarments are chewed up."

    Ky chuckled, looping his arms around my waist, he bent his head down and nibbled at my ear. "Good for Stanley. I prefer that you don't wear anything under your clothes." He huskily whispered. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

    "Mmm...I'll keep that in mind."

    "Hey Ky! You ready to g-"

    At the speed of light, Ky and I flew apart so fast that I thought my limbs would fly off.

    Austin Calloway stood in the doorway with a skeptical and confused look on his face. "Uh, was I interrupting something?"

    I shook my head quickly. "No! No, we were just, uh, sharing a hug. For the win on the game." I playfully punched Ky's shoulder with a nervous laugh. "Good job...bud."

    "Yup." He pinched my cheek and shook it. "Good job."

    I glared at him as nonchalantly as I could. Then turned back to Austin.

    "Uh, yeah. Okay. Well, we're heading out. You guys gonna be there?"

    We nodded.

    "Okay...see you soon." He eyed both of us with a straight smile and closed the locker room door. Ky and I exhaled heavy sighs of relief.

    "We need to be more careful about this." I said, waving my finger between both of us.

    "Yeah, that was too close."

    I nodded. Then, finally calming myself, I grabbed my duffel bag and headed out the door with Ky.

    Careful, Kate. My conscience said. Not everyone will let go of their curiosity that fast.

    Conscience was right.

    I had to learn to handle this. Didn't need any more rumors or bad publicity on my record.

    The next day, Coach had called me over and told me that he had hired a new publicist for not only the team, but for my dilemma. Her name was Judy Liuep, she was older than New York itself, and still wore tiny framed spectacles.

    Later that night, I lay in bed with Ky. The sheets tangled around us from hours of sex. I had to admit, he was getting to me. I didn't want to feel this way, but I knew it was happening. I was falling for Ky.

    "You look deep in thought." I told him, trailing my fingers up and down his sculpted chest. "Wanna talk about it?"

    He glanced down at me, running his hand against my side. "Just thinking about Stanley."

    I raised my eyebrows. "You're thinking about my dog?"

    Chuckling deep and low, he turned to face me. "No, not your dog. Sorry. I mean the Stanley Cup Playoffs."

    "What about it?"

    He sighed, shrugging. "Do you think we'll make it?"

    I laughed, wondering why he would ask such a silly question. "Of course we will! We've gotten in the past six years or so. Why the doubt?"

    He shook his head, pulling me closer. "Nothing, it's just..."

    I frowned. "It's just what?"

    He sighed, rubbing his head.

    "Ky, you can tell me. It's just what?"

    Then when his eyes connected with mine, I saw some concern, sadness, something else. Gingerly, I touched his face. "Ky?"

    He smiled sadly. "It's nothing, really." Kissing my forehead, Ky snuggled closer. "Forget I said anything."

    Still worried but tired, I let it go. If Ky didn't want to talk about it, then that was totally fine with me. He should be allowed to keep things to himself. I wasn't his girlfriend or anything...

    Looking up at him, I pushed little strands of hair off his forehead. He raised his eyebrows at me and smiled. "Something on your mind, sweetheart?"

    Sweet Jesus.

    When he called me cute little nicknames like those, I fell even harder. Get yourself together.

    "Nope." Tilting my head up a bit, I pressed my lips onto his tender, sweet ones. His tongue immediately parted my lips open and a moan escaped me.

    "Just do a little more of that." I whispered, resting my head on his chest again in peace.

●●●

    Hello Earthlings!

    So so soooo sorry that this chapter was uploaded later than usual and that it's a little shorter and uneventful! There's just been so much going on like end of the year testing and traveling and all that shizzz...

    Just a reminder, make sure to VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, and SHARE!

    Check out my other book, 'Fight for Her.'

    And by the way, the Stanley Cup Playoffs are playing now!!!!! Tune into ESPN or whatever sporting channel you have to watch!

    I hope you all have a fantastic day, and go watch some hockey! Much love,