2, Showmance!

LILY WAS SUPER EXHAUSTED

They had been learning disco - like seriously, out of all things, disco? The worst part was that this song was for sure going to be stuck in her head through the rest of the day and that sucked.

"Woah! Woah!" Mercedes exclaimed. "Hell to the nah. First of all, you try to bust my face again, and I will cut you."

"Please do it." Jaeden murmured, leaning his head in the crook of Lily's neck. Lily placed her hand in his hair, and began moving her fingers in circles.

"And also, this song is terrible." Mercedes said, turning to Mr. Schue. Jaeden nodded in agreement, but nobody saw because his head was still in the crook of his girlfriend's neck.

"Okay, no, no, it's not the song." Mr. Schuester seemed to disagree with Mercedes. "You guys just need to get into it."

Lily rolled her eyes. "We've tried that! It's just not working." She exclaimed, and Jaeden lifted his head out of the crook of her neck and sneezed. Lily chuckled, grabbing his hand as he sneezed one more time.

"It's the song." Kurt said, his finger raised as he spoke. "It's really gay."

"We need modern music, Mr. Schue." Artie spoke up after looking around the room. Lily yawned.

"I'm sorry, guys." Mr. Schue rolled his eyes, making Jaeden roll his eyes. "We don't have time to discuss this. We're doing the song this Friday at the pep assembly."

Tina shared a wide-eyed look with Lily. "In f-front of the whole school?" Tina stuttered.

Lily was wrong. The worst part wasn't that this song was going to be stuck in her head - it's that they were going to perform this song in front of the whole school on Friday during their pep assembly. Oh, how she wished she could turn back time and say no to glee club and yes to detention.

"Exactly!" Mr. Schue pointed his whole hand at Tina, not noticing the fear that everyone seemed to have.

"They're gonna throw food at us." Kurt said. "And I just had a facial."

"I'll press charges if that happens." Rachel said, her arms crossed as she stepped forward slightly.

"Will they throw food at us?" Jaeden pouted at Lily, and the Cheerio shook her head with a sigh.

"Guys, I can't express to you how important this assembly is." Mr. Schue replied, looking over the glee club. "We need recruits. There are eight of you. We need fourteen to qualify for Regionals. We have no choice or... the club is over. I know you guys don't like this song, but we took Nationals back in '93 with Freak Out. It's a crowd-pleaser."

"It was a crowd-pleaser." Lily stated, her lips pursing. "Back in the olden days." Jaeden added with a snicker.

"Just trust me." Mr. Schue said.