Seven

"Hello?" B had her phone on speaker as she tried on the black Dior Polaire Signature Moon boots Jasmine got her for her birthday. With the boots came a pair of black Celine ski mask and an invitation to an all expenses paid trip to Aspen. She already spoke to her parole officer who granted her permission to go on the trip out of state.

"Girlll send me a picture of the boots." She heard Jasmine say with enthusiasm as she laughed.

"Hold on." She quickly grabbed her phone, taking a couple pictures of herself in the boots before sending them to Jasmine.

"I said the boots this girl send me her whole outfit." Jasmine said as B giggled. B was lounging around in an old True Religion velour track suit which actually looked cute with the boots. "They look good on you though, can't wait for our trip."

"Thank you for the gifts, appreciate you. Heavy on I can't wait, I been seeing the girlies making the ski trips look mad lit. I know I won't be hitting the slopes or nothing crazy but it'll be a vibe nonetheless."

"Uhn uhn, we gotta hit the slopes what you mean? You only live once Britney." Jasmine said as B chuckled.

"Exactly so why would I waste my one good life on some snow?"

"Mhm. Points were made, you got it." Jasmine said as they shared a laugh.

"But fuck it though, we're gonna have a time in Aspen. Who you said gonna be there again?" B asked, neatly placing the boots back in the box.

"I wanted Imani to come but my dads lawyers said it wouldn't be wise for her to leave the state right now so just me, you, and my other two close friends. Naya and Star."

"Say that. They cool or what?" B asked, laying back in her bed among the variations of pillows. She could hear the sound of some Summer Walker being played down the hallway, indicating Desirae was about to go out soon.

"Yeah they are but I'll let you make your own judgement. Pull up to Friendsgiving at the house later and you can meet them and a few other people."

"Word I'm with that, just let me know what time." They spoke for a couple more minutes discussing the upcoming trip before ending the call.

Walking out her room, B saw Desirae in the kitchen leaned up against the counter texting on her phone. She was dressed in a pair of sweats, a white baby cropped tee shirt and some white ups. A brown and green Louis Vuitton Multi Pochette Bag was slung over her body.

"Where you going without me?" B asked with a frown as Desirae chuckled.

"Grocery store. You need anything?"

"You got mommy EBT card?" B asked with a raised eyebrow. As kids they used to ravage the grocery store all on the states dime. She didn't care how rich she got, if the food stamp card swiped she was gonna use it.

Despite her parents making money in their sleep now, they managed to still keep their regular nine to fives on file while keeping the fast money they were making on the hush. All that just to keep the government out their business.

"Of course." Desirae smirked.

"Say that, imma text you my list." B said as Desirae shook her head. She knew her sister was about to violate.

"You think we need a Turkey or we going to Loretta's house for Thanksgiving?" Desirae asked. Thanksgiving was on Thursday and neither one of them knew how to cook a Turkey. That was some real adult shit, a level they had yet to unlock. They were willing to call their grandma for help but they didn't wanna ruin the holiday by experimenting.