Thirty-Eight

Two weeks later...

Landing in Guyana for the first time ever was a  sentimental moment for B who was ecstatic to finally touch down in the mother land. B's parents bankrolled the family flights so majority of the family was able to pull up together in business class then arriving at the family villa via sprinter. B's father, aunts and uncles all pitched in and bought the villa years ago, which sometimes doubled as home to some of her cousins who still resided in Guyana.

They soon pulled up to the gated community to the third house, watching the cast iron gates peel back revealing the four story home along with an additional guest house out back. One of the three grand archways at the front of the home led to the elegant turquoise blue french double doors, granting access to the main level of the home. Lush green palm trees stood guard in front of the house, swaying in the gentle breeze that wafted about giving some relief to the rather warm climate.

The villa consisted of eight bedrooms each with their own en suite bathrooms along with two half baths. The chef's kitchen house a sub zero fridge which was fully stocked courtesy of B's family preparing for their arrival. The sun spilled through the large windows of the home, giving the perfect view to the beach which was just a short walk away.

The traditional furniture complimented the home perfectly, giving the house personality while still having a modern feel. To say the house was beautiful would be an understatement.

After getting the grand tour of the main house, B and Kelis made it to the guest house out back where they would be staying with Desirae and their cousin Ana who had yet to arrive. Ana was flying in from Chicago where she currently resided for school and Desirae would be flying in from Atlanta after class.

The guest house was in a private secluded space a couple feet away from the house with its own gate and security code, along with a jacuzzi and pool. The four bedrooms in the guest house each consisted of an en suite bathroom, two queen size beds and a connecting patio that stretched across all the bedrooms with stairs leading to the backyard. The backyard was transformed into a chill spot with a conversation pit and built in fire pit.

"This our room." Kelis declared, leading B into the biggest room at the end of the hallway. It was the only room with a walk in closet and they both knew they would need that. They would only be in Guyana for the next three days, but they both had two suitcases each plus a carry on.

"So if Diana and Desirae gonna be in one room who in the last two rooms?" B asked with a raised eyebrow, dragging her bags into the bedroom behind Kelis.

"I don't know but I hope it's some of Uncle Marv's fine ass friends." Kelis smirked as B chuckled.

"You better pipe down, your man don't even play like that." B teased as Kelis laughed.

"Yo where the fuck our parents get the money to build this shit?" Kelis asked as she started unpacking her bags.

"Word cause niggas never had Mcdonald's money growing up but had money to build a house in Guyana." B co-signed, shaking her head.

After getting settled and spending some time at the beach, the girls got showered and dressed to head out to the beach club where all their family members would be gathering to get acquainted. Marvin's fiancée Dulce and her family would also be attendance.

The dress code for tonight consisted of champagne gold and white as per Marvin and Dulce's request.

B was in a champagne gold backless maxi halter neck dress that dripped off her body like liquid gold but still complimented her shape and highlighted her physique.

On her feet she wore Rene Caovilla mirror leather sandals in a match champagne gold color complimenting her dress perfectly. Her knotless braids were pulled into a half up half up style highlighting the custom chocolate and champagne gold diamond cluster earrings that adorned her earlobes.