Thirty-Two

The sun seemed to followed B around the 5,000 square foot home as she ventured to the dinning room, her heels clacking against the freshly polished oak hardwood floors. The smell of breakfast foods trailed directly to the dinning room where the table was set for two.

"Baby the house is so beautiful." B beamed brightly after giving herself a tour of Amar'e's new home.

The modern classic home was built from floor plans and sketches Amar'e orchestrated with construction and interior designers. He expedited the process along the way wanting the home to be ready for his sons arrival. Situated in the suburbs outside of Atlanta, it was real secluded and out the way providing Amar'e with the peace and security he sought after.

The three floors each told of a story of luxury with a hidden elevator running from the garage to the first floor. En suite jack and jill bathrooms were in the master suite out of the five bedrooms. The other 3 1/2 bathrooms gave a spa feel and air of serenity. The two large walk in closets were B's favorite, resembling a curated luxury boutique with the large crystal chandeliers, and custom wardrobe storage. It was no surprise that Amar'e also hired a full staff, along with his father's estate manager also overseeing the new home.

"Knew you would like it." He chuckled, pulling the chair out from under the table for her to sit.

The couple just returned from their New York trip a couple days ago and been up under each other ever since. What was supposed to be a weekend trip to New York turned into two weeks after Amar'e's incident. Coming back to Atlanta felt like a fresh start with Amar'e's home finally ready for move in, and B going through the motions of therapy after her miscarriage. It was all so bittersweet.

Amar'e was treating B to a gourmet breakfast at his new home, wanting to make the day as special as possible. The chefs came out a few moments after B sat, holding two porcelain plates of food piled with her favorites.

"What is thisss?" B chuckled, reading the writing on the fluffy golden pancakes. In precise lettering made with whipped cream, it read "Will you be my girlfriend." She chuckled once she noticed the question mark was gone. She knew he was subtly implying that it wasn't a question. "Not you asking me without asking me."

"You're it for me B, no question about it." He said as she smiled. "I love you, and imma do whatever it takes to always make you feel that. I'm fucked up about you, you got my heart and whatever else you want is yours."

Holding his chin in between her fingers, she placed a sensual kiss his lips.

"I love you babe, of course I'll be your girlfriend." B said, leaning in to kiss him again. She was overwhelmed with so much love and felt so happy.

"Been mine." He mumbled against her lips as she giggled. "What you got going on later?"

"I got work." B sighed dramatically, cutting into her pancakes. Tonight she was working at the club after taking two weeks off and she was lowkey dreading it. She loved the freedom of not having to answer to anyone when it came to her money, but all at the same time she loved making that fast money. Working in the club was light work the way she was making money.

She was making a name for herself now too, booking club hostings and appearances which paid her triple what she made at the club. Eventually she knew her days in the club would come to an end but for now she was somewhat enjoying it.

"Fuck all that. Don't know why you still working when you know what's mine is yours." He said, making a valid point. He been trying to get her to quit working at the club for a minute knowing for certain he could take on all her financial responsibilities with ease if she allowed him to. To top it off, B was running a successful styling business on the side which could cover all her expenses without having to work in the club.