Reborn

Second chapter!~ This one's a bit longer than the previous, are you proud of my brain juices, they're working overtime... Anyways, enjoy! Let me know if anything needs fixing. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The sound of rain gently hitting the car of a roof could be heard. The smell of fast food mixed with cigarette ash circulated throughout the taxi.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and saw stars as my eyes adjusted to the light. 

What the fuck is going on here? I died to a pebble and now I'm stunlocked... Is this what heaven looks like?

My nose caught a whiff of the car. Oh the smell of McDonald's, cigarettes, and sweat. Heaven's a lot like home sweet home America...

Wait a minute. What? I jolted up from my original relaxed position and carefully scanned my surroundings.

Okay, think smart Audrey. I'm in the back of a car that smells like a 2 star Uber. The driver doesn't give a fuck and decides to sing to the song on the radio- ok stop getting distracted, THINK. I can still process thoughts and my five senses are still functional... Am I alive? Yes dumbass you are.

I look to my right and spot a short blond teenage girl looking out the window with her face against it.

Oh her outfit's so cute and the way she looks out the window is so perfect,- to the point where it's almost creepy, it's like she's straight out of anime. And she looks like someone I know... I squint my eyes and take a good look at her.

Yui- Yui what? Kotaku? No. Kombucha? No she's not a drink dumbass... Wait- Yui Komori!

... Wait what?!!?!!?!

If I'm sitting next to a blond girl that looks like the main protagonist from a game,  I'm sitting in the car that looks like a taxi... I carefully overserve the outside window, and see trees and lush greenery for tens of miles... 

I'm in a teenage girl's wet dream, the vampire filled reverse harem game, Diabolik Lovers. 

Well hold on... who the fuck am I then? 

I look down at my hands, they're noticeably smaller and stubbier than my previous ones. Then I trail my eyes down to my legs... They're dangling in midair. Dangling?! Don't tell me-

I pinch my face- Baby fat, small chubby hands, legs so short they dangle while sitting down. Yep. I'm a 5 to 8 year old kid. Wide eyed as I make the conclusion. 

Suddenly I'm barraged with images and videos of someone's childhood. My eyes feel like they're swaying and looking everywhere, with multiple stars exploding in front of me. 

"Siiii-" I suck in a cold breath. Fuck my head and eyes are dying. Who knew getting memories would hurt like such a bitch. 

I close my eyes and lean my head downwards, looking at my lap, while trying to organize my thoughts. Okay, I'm Yuu Komori, the adopted 7 year old sister of Yui Komori. Apparently I was born at the church and left behind,  so Seiji, being the "Good Samaritan" he is, decides to adopt me into his family.

Yuu's time at the church could be described in 2 words. Boring and routine. It's like she was suddenly introduced last minute and the author couldn't think of any interesting background information for her character.  She didn't experience any abuse, but she also didn't experience any fatherly love from Seiji, since he had chosen favorites between Yuu and Yui. He chose the latter, making Yuu an emotionless husk of a child. 

Oh you poor baby... or should I say poor me? 

I then take a glance at Yui, as she's still staring out the window. My relationship with Yui is a little, let's say, non-existent. We don't acknowledge each  other's existence unless we're forced to. This was ultimately because of the different worlds we live in. One received fatherly love, care, and was spoiled until her heart's content, while the other was neglected, and was stuck daydreaming in her own fantasy world. 

Luckily though, I wasn't abused by her. So our current relationship was like a blank canvas, meaning I could make it however I want it to be. Yes, Audr- no, Yuu, you got this, we can save this relationship~!

I slowly lift my head up, shyly looking at my sister, "Hey Y-Yui, do you know where we are going? Dad didn't tell me why I had to pack my bag." asking, as I tilted my head. 

She then turns and looks at me like I'm an insignificant bug and mumbles irritatingly, "Tch, he's not your dad." She then goes back to staring out the window, ignoring my question. 

Ok, maybe I was wrong. Our relationship is like a blank canvas... except the canvas doesn't exist; it went poof by the time I was introduced into her life. Our lives are so far apart that she doesn't even want to acknowledge the one similarity between us, Seiji being our "father." 

Ahh this is getting harder to solve- No. Who am I kidding? I'm just a freshly dropped out college student, not a relationship therapist, that unfortunately got summoned into this world. 

Fuck it, I'll make staying alive and not turning into a shriveled up, bloodless, sack of skin as my number one priority. Duh. Then I'll make relationship bonding second, if- BIG if, if I feel productive enough. What can I say, I'm a lazy pers-

My thoughts are interrupted by the car suddenly breaking, making me sharply lunge forward. Making the wind get knocked out of me. "Puu-" 

Don't worry mister driver, I'll leave you a 1 star rating... that is, if I make it out alive. 

After regaining myself, I look up, out the window, and stare in awe at the mansion in front of me. The game and anime don't give it enough credit. My peripheral vision can't even see the end of this Victorian styled mansion. 

Well well well. Home sweet home, I can't wait to meet you Sakamaki's. I think, as I unbuckle my seatbelt. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yui: Why does everyone have to make me a bitch, I'm a nice kid in an unfortunate situation bruh 

Author: Idk man, side effect of having the main character buff. 

Audrey: Wait minute? There's a side effect? Oh shi-