Phone

Chapter 22! Okay so I scrambled something together with the closet woo hoo! I wrote this while watching something, so there might be some little mistakes and let me know if you encounter one! Anyways, enjoy :) See you tomorrow! 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I cautiously stepped forward in baby steps, reached my hand up in front of me, feeling around.

Everything is so dark!! I continued exploring the closet blindly, and for the next couple of minutes I swung my arms in front of me like a zombie, trying to find anything- A broom, chair, boxes, anything!

"Ah-" Right after that thought, my knee bumped into something hard, which surprised me. The sound of metal reverberated throughout the closet. Sii- My knee!!

I brought my hands up to feel the object in front of me. It came up to my waist and the top of it was smooth and full of dust, just like an- Unused desk!

I kept on feeling around, trying to find out if anything was on the desk. And to my surprise, to my right was a small hard object that could fit in my hand. Don't tell me-

I felt the grooves and buttons on the side of the object, and when I found the "opening," I flipped it open. Yes! A phone, just what is my luck?! Although it's a bit old, it's still a phone! Now I don't need to deal with Reiji to get my hands on one.

Unfortunately, when I flipped it open, a dim screen popped up with an empty battery symbol. I furrowed my brows with disappointment. Sigh- Well I guess it makes sense, just how long has this phone been sitting here... Maybe I can find a charger?

I put the phone in my short's pockets and continued searching the desk. There was nothing else on top of it, but there were metal cubbies on the side of the desk.

Eek- What if there are spiders?! I thought, but still decided to reach my hand into the top cubby. There wasn't anything in the top cubby, just dust and spider webs.

Ew- Ew- Ew! A shiver ran up my arm when I made contact with the webs. I quickly retracted my hand and wiped it on the side of the desk.

It's okay Yuu! This will all be worth it if you find the wire. A little sacrifice for the great, big future! I convinced myself to stick my hand into the lower cubby.

The moment I felt around, I felt a thin plastic tube. Aha! I quickly dragged it out, making a screeching sound echo throughout the room.

It was coiled in a messy knot, and I had spent a bit of time untying it in the dark. Augh- Come on, just a couple more knots... There!

I felt for the end with the plug and went back from there, finding the flat end that could be plugged into the phone.

I grabbed it in my hand and plugged it into the phone, then I just stood there... Ah shit- Now I need an outlet...

I flipped open the phone and used the dim light from the screen to navigate around the room. Although I could only see a few steps in front of me, it was still good enough to look for an outlet on the wall.

I scanned the walls up and down, and a few minutes later, I found the outlet. Perfect~

I lifted my lips up into a crafty smile, as I plugged the charger into the outlet. The moment electricity got connected to the phone, a little jingle came from the phone. Now I just need to a wait an hour or so!

I set the phone on the floor and leaned against the wall. Sigh~ Now what- I stared up at the dark ceiling in thought.

What do I do about Karl? He knows that I know his identity... Then why didn't he kill me? Did he know about my existence beforehand then? Then why didn't he mention me to Shu when I arrived at the mansion...

And what did he mean by meeting me again? I'm not gonna go near your little fake nurse's office any time soon! I brought my lips into a line. Why is everything so complicated?! I just thought this was going to be a fun little trip with some hot vampires!

I shifted my posture so that I was laying down, not caring how dusty or dirty the floor was. My head was rested against the wall and I let out a long sigh.

It's only the 2nd day and the plot hasn't even picked up yet, but it feels like it's been an eternity. Do I really want to stay in this fictional world till I grow old, or until I get killed by an angry Karl? Ah whatever- Yuu, stay positive! Just go one day at a time!

For now, I'll just have to wait until someone finds me. I thought before closing my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Yuuri had been observing me this whole time with sharp eyes. 'Is she not going to try screaming for help?' He thought before letting out a soft sigh, 'I'll just have to keep watch till she wakes up.'

Out in the school's hallway, a certain blond vampire found a folded up slipper. He lifted up one of his eyebrows before teleporting to a couch in an abandoned couch. 'What has that girl gotten into this time?'

An hour or two went by, and the creaking of a door woke me up from my nap. Mn? Why is it so bright? I squinted my eyes as I tried to block out some of the light with my hands.

I blinked a couple of times until I got used to the light. Standing at the doorway was a tall silhouette. I slowly sat up and looked up at the person.

"Come... out," a lazy voice called out while holding open the door. Ah- But the phone... Oh whatever, I can come back and get it next time.

I stood up, shaking out my numb legs with the help of the wall and walked out towards the person.

When I made out the person's face, there was a flash of surprise in my eyes. Shu?! Who would've thought, the lazy vampire would wake up from his nap and help a person out. Thank Shu, maybe we'll become best buddies~ A sliver of admiration escaped my eyes.

The sleepy vampire looked down at the girl looking up at him with admiring eyes, and a flash of confusion flashed through his mind. 'Why is she looking at me like that...' He thought while taking a step back.

"Thanks," I gave him a little nod while following him out.

Shu turned around, leaving me behind, and not even looking at me before walking down the hallway.

Tch- It's like this whole family are tsunderes. Why can't you just accept a thanks? I quickly followed his footsteps, as I made sure to not lose track of him in this large school.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Another shorter chapter, sorry! Started writing this one at like 12 💀