Vampires

Chapter 9! Sorry for the late chapter again! I'll try to update earlier, I promise! 🙏 Anyways, Enjoy! Let me know if anything needs fixing.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The crackling of electronics being crushed made Yui's face cringe and freeze up, as she stared wide-eyed at the silver vampire who crushed her phone with ease. 

As she stuck out her hands to try to catch the falling phone, another crunch was heard when it landed on the rug, as the vampire stepped on it mercilessly. 

"Y-You! What did you DO?!-" she stumbles out, while looking at the foot that was on top of her pink flip-phone. 

"Hah- You think you can escape from here?!" Subaru taunts her, while looking at the hopeless Yui. She had suffered such a heavy blow, that her face looked like she just got dropped to the 9th layer of hell from heaven.   

"N-no. This can't be happening... Wh-" she mumbles to herself, disoriented as she faced her current situation. Ah Subaru- you're too heartless. Look at what you did to my sister!

The triplets tried to stifle their laugh while looking at the emotionally drained Yui. The perpetrator tried to keep up his indifferent, taunting mask while facing her. 

"Tch- quit dreaming and just behave" he teases, before turning around and adding,  "... and you might just make it out alive." he whispers quietly to himself. His mask started to crack when he turned his back on the brothers, and a faint wisp of pity was seen escaping. 

Sigh- Why do you have to hide behind that hideous mask? Isn't it tiring? I stare at his back in pity. -Why? Because we're all playing this dangerous game; once you stop hiding, it's game over. I tighten my lips together when I answer my own question. 

It sure is tiring to keep this facade up... what if- what if I just let them... NO! Stop being so pessimistic. You need to live. You will survive in this world! A slight hint of determination escaped into my eyes, and a certain blond vampire noticed this. 

He cocks one of his eyebrows up in curiosity while studying my unfocused expression. 'Just what is going on in that kid's head-' He is interrupted by Reiji's cough, and is brought back from his thoughts.

"Cough- Miss. Yui, like my brother said, please try to cooperate with us, and we will make this as painless as possible." Reiji states out in a monotone voice. Very comforting Reiji- 

Laito then butts in to make everything worse, "Come here Bitch-Chan~ I promise I don't bite~" he giggles out in his last statement, while stretching out his arms, intending to hug the blond. 

This seemed to snap Yui out of her crazed daze and dragged her back to reality. "No-no no" she frantically shakes her head, as if that would make her current predicament disappear. 

"I- Besides, you guys are a little weir- Ah!-" she fumbles out, while stumbling backwards in panic. Not being able to catch her step, she does a 180 while trying to catch herself on her hands. 

Unfortunately, she lands hard on her knees,  resulting in a nasty rug burn. She looks up at the brothers, and noticed they're focusing their gaze onto her- no, onto her right knee. 

Ah shit- here we go again. 

"Sii-" She sucks in a breath of cold air, while noticing that the atmosphere seemed to change. The air was stuffy, almost humid, making it seem like breath was almost impossible. She then sees their glowing red eyes, looking on her as if she was their prey. 

All the vampires in the room had an expression of ecstasy, as if they had just caught a whiff of the sweetest, fresh baked dessert from a bakery. However, instead of cake or brownies, it was Yui's fresh, sweet blood that was coming out of her knee.