45. Blake/Daniel

BLAKE

Out on the dancefloor, Blake's head was swimming from all the dancing. He must've danced with every member of his family three times over and that now included the Bellerose clan too. Daniel's father was an expert tango dancer. And a showoff. 

Blake's mother said, "You look better darling. I'm happy it was just nerves."

"I was never worried," Blake's father added on.

Daniel's mother, who hair had gone back to purely black and strong. "Just wait until after the honeymoon, I still have so much to show you about your new home!"

Link asked, "Drinks are free, right?"

"Is your brother single?" Josephine asked.

"You wouldn't mind if I left early?" Damien had asked after her. "Jo said the club she owns, the Verona is just around the corner."

"Jo, huh?" Blake laughed.

And finally, Blake was introduced to the giant of a man that was Wesley. He had always heard wolves were large, but the bear hug this man scooped Blake up in was almost back breaking. "It's nice to meet you too!" Blake squeaked.

"You're doing too much," Michael fussed at his husband.

"I'm just happy to finally meet them." Wesley grinned like a sun peeking over the clouds, bringing only sunshine and warmth. He was all dimples and freckles and sweetness.

"We should meet properly again over dinner," Daniel suggested, which made Michael stiffen. "But for now, you should enjoy the reception."

"How's about it, dear?" Wesley nudged Michael. "Wanna dust off your dancing shoes?"

"Absolutely not," Michael deadpanned.

"Oh! Don't be shy! Let's go!" Wesley grabbed Michael's hand and dragged him away. Before they disappeared, Blake noticed a little smile pinch the side of Michael's lips.

And then finally Blake was alone with his husband. The quiet settled around them, the music vaguely in the background. A few guests stumbled out of the reception, almost collapsing into a fit of laughter as they dragged themselves towards the bathroom. The door closed behind them and the stillness returned.

Daniel glanced down at Blake. "Are you ready to go?"

Blake nodded, leaning against him and fixing the configuration of their hands.

"Daniel? Blake?" Blake's mother called and both boys had the same idea. They hurried around the corner, pressing themselves against the wall to not be seen. Blake leaned as close as possible to hear the other voices.

"Are they out here?" Daniel's father asked.

"Where did they go?" Another family member popped their head out.

Daniel put his arms around Blake's waist, pulling him closer. He leaned into the crook of Blake's neck, dragging his nose before pressing a kiss there. Blake bit down on his lips to keep from laughing as Daniel whispered, "Let's make a run for it." He kissed the already sensitive skin.

"I'll follow you," Blake whispered, clutching Daniel's clothes.

"No need." Daniel grinned and swept Blake off his feet. "Hold on."

Blake did as he was told and buried himself against Daniel before his husband speed off faster that the first hill of a roller-coaster. Blake did everything to keep from squealing and throwing his hands up. Daniel laughed in return, a pure unbridled sound of joy.